Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was originally Joe's (OverAnxious) idea, so I want to give him credit.

We're going to do a photoshop contest. Submit your best original photoshopped Camaro concept by May 26 at 4PM central time. We'll then hold a poll the following week to pick a winner.

The winner will receive 1) two free 5then.org stickers courtesy of TheDecalSite.com, in your choice of color, 2) a free Supporting Membership to 5thgen.org courtesy of me, 3) and your choice of any book from our Amazon.com bookstore for free, also courtesy of me :D

1 entry per person please. Post your images to this thread. I recommend linking from an external site but you can also attach your images. No limitations on eligibility..members, sponsors and moderators are all eligible.

Anyone found submitting image they did not create will have their entries removed and will be banned from this site forever. That is a copyright violation and we don't want to get in the middle of anything like that.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm going to compete on this or not. My biggest factor is timing, but I'm also slightly held back because the concept can't get much cooler IMO.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
You can do some limited things in MS paint too.

Photoshop can be complicated at first, but once you understand that you are working on a series of stacked transparencies it's relatively easy. I've been using it for years and I'm still finding new things. It's a great tool but really expensive ($6-700). Practice, practice, practice....;)

Search the web for tutorials.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Maybe Chris will consider expanding it to include hand drawn entries to appeal to everyone who may not be familiar with Photoshop and other CAD artwork....the more the merrier!

I think at some point, if I get the opportunity and Chris approves, I may be able to come up with a tutorial on photochopping cars. (Wheel changes, color changes and stuff) Although, it wouldn't exactly be a smart move on my part from a business aspect. ha ha

Ben

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure, any technique is OK, I use "photoshop" in the generic sense but it certainly doesn't have to be a digital or specifically Photoshop work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Too bad I suck at PS. Let's see how bad I can destroy one with MSpaint. :lol:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Well, since I couldn't think of a way to make the concept better, I opted to use my entry to make the concept worse. I definitely don't want to be seeing these on the road anytime soon. :cool:

Pursuit Camaro.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.