Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if there was a thread about this news or not (didn't look, to lazy :D).

Asked the local dealer/owner and he said, "right now the plan to do a convertible has been put on hold because of the financial situation at GM". *IF I was to buy a new Camaro, it would be a ragtop. Didn't drive either of the last 2 Camaros I owned in the winter one time. Hell the IROC I had for 17 years never even saw the rain one time :rolleyes:.

Not sure what this will do for sales, I'm sure they'll be some people who just wait this out to see what happens, guess I'll be one of them. GM has to get their **** straightened out first, otherwise this car (convertible) will never see the light of day.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
This has already been covered a couple of times.
There is no delay for the Vert. It was always planned to come out a year after the Coupe.

Nein!!!! Nein!!!!

Seriously, even tho I have my doubts about the veracity of a guy who titles a thread "axed", even if he is right about it being "on hold".....it doesn't mean it's not on hold just because the plan was always to release it a year later.
They're not going to just snap their fingers in 9 months and say "convertible ready now!"
It very well could be reviewed if it hasn't been already. Are there people on this Board with a pretty good idea or know who to ask?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
NO NO NO.... It was the MARY KAY EDITION that was scrapped! This dealer was WRONG!
pretty funny for a salesman :thumbsup:, guess I should have asked you first :rolleyes:

seeing as how he's the one that told me (in june/july) orders would be taken in October when everyone else said he was nuts, and gave me a figure of $40g for a loaded SS. I'll tend to believe what he tells me until he's proven wrong. :D

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
pretty funny for a salesman :thumbsup:, guess I should have asked you first :rolleyes:

seeing as how he's the one that told me (in june/july) orders would be taken in October when everyone else said he was nuts, and gave me a figure of $40g for a loaded SS. I'll tend to believe what he tells me until he's proven wrong. :D
Dude, is your salesman's name, Jim Jones?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts

Of course - he read my forum posts....

Not sure whose posts he was reading about the convertible though....maybe some over at camaro5 ? :5go:

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
It was Flavor-aid, not Kool-aid.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You are correct sir.....grape to be precise.;)
Such a mis-used phrase. Is Flavor-Aid even around anymore? Because Jim Jones didn't do it any favors. I remember it as a kid. Tasted like crap. Kool-Aid was much better. In the Navy we called it Bug Juice. Did wonders cleaning up brass fire nozzles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts