Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this in hopes to help someone get a good deal on a Camaro like I am getting. I ordered a Black 1SS (don't like leather) my TPW was 8-17-09, no VIN yet :(. I am getting my camaro at MSRP less $3,726.37 for employee pricing because my dad retired from GM, but that's not all. Now here is where it gets good. I put an add on Craigslist asking for someone that worked at GM and took the recent buyout package that includes a $25,000 car voucher and would like to sell it because they don't need a new car, but need cash instead. The net value of this voucher is worth $15,500. Several days later I got a response. I met with this ex-GM employee today at the dealership and I gave him a cashier's check for $10,500 and he transfered the $15,500 voucher to me. The dealership called the number in to GM and got it official transfered to me immediately. I have 18 months to use the voucher. So, I got another $5000.00 off my Camaro.:thumbsup:

If anyone tries this, be very careful. I did this at the dealership so the number could be called in and verified before I gave up $10,500. If someone does this the ex-GM employee will log on the GMFamilyFirst site and will enter your name, address, and birthdate as the prospect then generate a number. Your dealer can call that number in to GM and get it verified and generate another number valid for only you at only your dealership. The employee is allowed to transfer the voucher, but they are not allowed by GM to advertise it. Quite a few employees took the buyout so there are many more out there. Go get 'em!

·
Registered
59 Posts
first one --

Your name implies it all, first one to nab a smoking deal that way. Pretty clever I have to admit, but when you're talking about saving thousands of dollars it pays to be creative.

That's what I'll call the deal you got, creative financing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts