Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, as we've heard GM say, the production car will look generally the same as the concept.
This is a great thing because the concept is amazing!
And like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Here are a few things that are confirmed that will change:
1. No LS2 in the production car, simply because the LS2 will be out of production by then.
2. Wheelbase... 110.5" or 112.3"
3. Length should stay within a couple inches of concept length.
4. Height will grow from 53.0" to 53.7"
5. Width will shrink from 76.6" to ~75.5" (the 79.6 figure as reported is wrong).
6. Door handles will change (concept's door handles aren't easy to use).

And here's some speculation from me:
1. Marking lights will be 2-3 times as tall to conform to federal regulations.
2. Headlights will be halogen standard, HID optional.
3. Rearview mirror separated from the headliner.
4. 18", 19", and 20" wheel designs.
5. Exhaust tips will be round, and won't protrude through the rear bumper.

Any other news out there?

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
sound's good.........now produce it!!!!!!!

its been like waiting for christmas :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
interesting theories Octane..some are very accurate ...others are not!

I can't wait to see the production car on the roads too - people at GM are working so hard and with so much passion for this car. It's going to be very special car.

What are your thoughts on the interior?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GoTeamCamaro - you need to come around here more often! :)

I've now heard two different figures for length and wheelbase, so now I dunno what to believe lol.

I think the interior will be modernized some with a head-up display, better/more useful guages, and console guages (redundant only) optional.
I really hope the seats stay the same cuz I absolutely love them!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I like the gauges on the vert. The radio is funky and probably a little difficult to operate especially while driving but I'll take it as is!:roxor:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An assumption on my part.
On the basis that... Hot exhaust tip + plastic bumper = bad

Maybe there are ways to sheild the heat that I'm not aware of?

If they have the concept's exhaust outlets on the production car, that'd be awesome!
But I think it can be executed with a very similar look with the tips going under the bumper instead of through it.
To me, that's an acceptable change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The exhaust will not come out like it does on the concept. Reason being, GM has tests they preform on a production model. One of them being the exhaust travel. Over time the exhaust would sag and with the very limited space surrounding the tail pipe, it would touch and cause damage. This would be a warranty/recall issue then. Betcha a dollar it exits under the rear.

·
Registered
455 Posts
ya the exhaust would be really cool to have like the concept but after time the plastic turns black and **** i seen it on a 454 ss made it look very gross

·
8,984 Posts
I don't care at this point, I'm cutting it off for dumps anyway!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I Really hope gm doesent change much or i might be buying a cobalt SS and swap the engine with a vette 7.0L lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the exhaust outlet changes I'm giving it a -1. I hope it comes out the way they showed it to us. They can't make us excited about something and then change it without changing my mind at least...:confused:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
^ sure they can, remember the mustang concept? Then the production model looked totally diff. but it still did great. As long as they don't make drastic changes and it the car looks relatively the same. I'm still getting it :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Same here. I like the rims however I do not want 22's Just keep them close to proportional.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts