Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys think the Camaro will handle in the snow? I'm not talking about 6 inches + but 1 - 4 inches?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Should be ok.
With the modern traction control systems, RWD cars are quite easy to handle in snow.

I had 2 V6 Camaros without traction control.
Now I have a V8 Camaro with traction control.

Lemme tell ya from experience, the V8 with traction control is WAY better in snow than a V6 without traction control.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know since this will be my daily driver. I don't expect to drive in a snow storm but if there are a couple of inches, it needs to get me home. :roxor:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Also, a set of skinny snow tires on a spare set of wheels would help a bunch in the winter as well.
I know of many many people in my area that drive RWD sports cars (Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs, Chargers, etc) through the winter that put snow tires on them in the winter months with great results.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also, a set of skinny snow tires on a spare set of wheels would help a bunch in the winter as well.
I know of many many people in my area that drive RWD sports cars (Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs, Chargers, etc) through the winter that put snow tires on them in the winter months with great results.
Ya having another pair of wheels that are good for the winter season is a great idea I plan on doing the same thing since I'm in Canada lol. Can get alot of snow, but it's better for the weather to keep you more safe and it lets your expensive nice tires and rims stay nice for the spring and summer ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Drove my Vette in the snow last winter. Of course, I'm on more aggressive summer tires, but traction control or not, I couldn't get the car over 16 mph, and got stuck twice on slight uphill stretches. It took 35 minutes to go 5 miles in 4" of snow. 2 weeks later, I bought my truck. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
i think it will be tempermental just like the rest of them, which are not 'that hard to drive' in the snow if you know what you are doing. i would not recommend a new driver to buy one in the winter where it snows alot... but just like any other car, it can be driven in the snow. i would have no problem driving it year around.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Drove my Vette in the snow last winter. Of course, I'm on more aggressive summer tires, but traction control or not, I couldn't get the car over 16 mph, and got stuck twice on slight uphill stretches. It took 35 minutes to go 5 miles in 4" of snow. 2 weeks later, I bought my truck. :)
this is what you can expect.i was forced to drive my 69 when i was younger i went no where,stiff suspension does not work in snow,wide tires dont work in snow,my mom has a v8 2002 cougar its wild on snowy days too.

BOTTOM LINE BUY A BEATER FOR SNOW something old and heavy or fwd works well with small tires.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
These are the snow tires I use for my Corvette. :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Everybody complains about just how hot it gets in Houston but i dont remember ever having to shovel heat out of my driveway :lol: We dont get snow down here.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts