Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the new Camaro going to do to your rate? I just about keeled over when my agent at Allstate said for both my Mustang and the Camaro it would be $1800 for 6 months. I haven't had so much as a ticket in at least 3 years. Never anything over 10mph ever and no DUI or anything like that. What gives? :eek:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Age and vehicle factor most likely. Look at it like this: Like a typical electric bill, you get a base charge, whether you use any electricity or not. But any variance to the base, they charge you more. Car insurance is similar. Mustang and Camaro are not going to be cheap out of the box depending on your age. But if you have ticket or in an area that has a higher accident rate, etc., you'll pay more.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I checked with my agent a few months ago...she couldn't get a quote on a camaro (too early)...but for a '09 GT-500 I was quoted $900/year...so your quote does sound a bit high.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just turned 21 and when I was 20 they quoted me at 203 a month just for the Camaro. When I turned 21 they moved me to State Farm Mutual which is supposed to be some elite group of customers with good driving records. Ive never had a ticket or anything ever, and Ive been a loyal customer since I was 18. Anyway, when I was 18 I bought an 02 Silverado and I was paying like 206 a month for that. Its gradually gone down since, but I saw a huge jump when I got put on this mutual, Im paying 104 now for the same policy. Full coverage and $500 deductible. But anyway, yeah I don't know what the camaro will be on this mutual deal, Im guessing 180 a month or so? Which I think is a smokin' good deal considering my age.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Beyond the obvious excitement that I will enjoy getting the upcoming news that my order has reached 3800, with my then having the VIN, I can begin shopping for the best insurance coverage for the money. The cheapest is not always the best coverage. I can also begin initial shopping for loan rates, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm 42 with 1 speeding ticket in the last 3 years and I was told 1100 a year full coverage. 2ss rs man RED. West bend mutual.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The most expensive portion of your bill will be the comprehensive fire and theft with collision. What did you choose for a deductable? The bill gets dramatically smaller as you raise the deductable. Most people are not aware of this and get $300.00 deductable. If you raise it to $500.00 you will save a good hunk of change and if you raise it to $1,000.00 you will be shocked at how much cheaper it becomes. The bank only requires that your insurance coverage is enough to pay off your note. Ask your agent how much cheaper it will be with the higher deductable. You will save enough each year to offset the smaller coverage.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I just turned 21 and when I was 20 they quoted me at 203 a month just for the Camaro. When I turned 21 they moved me to State Farm Mutual which is supposed to be some elite group of customers with good driving records. Ive never had a ticket or anything ever, and Ive been a loyal customer since I was 18. Anyway, when I was 18 I bought an 02 Silverado and I was paying like 206 a month for that. Its gradually gone down since, but I saw a huge jump when I got put on this mutual, Im paying 104 now for the same policy. Full coverage and $500 deductible. But anyway, yeah I don't know what the camaro will be on this mutual deal, Im guessing 180 a month or so? Which I think is a smokin' good deal considering my age.
Yes for your age that is awsome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2SS Camaro will not be my daily driver. Quote from Erie Insurance for 1 year - $404. State Farm - $463 for 1 year.

$118 Liability, bodily injury 100,000/300,000
$ 12 Medical payments
$ 54 Comprehensive
$220 Collision
$ - Uninsured 100,000/300,000 (All billed on my daily driver)
----
$404
===

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
What's the new Camaro going to do to your rate? I just about keeled over when my agent at Allstate said for both my Mustang and the Camaro it would be $1800 for 6 months. I haven't had so much as a ticket in at least 3 years. Never anything over 10mph ever and no DUI or anything like that. What gives? :eek:
Varies greatly.

Depends on many things such as your insurance company, policy type, area you live, age, driving record, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got qoute a month or two ago, it will add about $60/mo to our current insurance. I think we're paying about $100/mo for the Monte and Trailblazer. Ran into an old classmate who has an independent insurance agency and was planning to take all my policies to him and have him "see what he can do" (not real happy with my agent/carrier about other things anyway).

Also I thought some insurance had a max deductable of $500 regardless of balance, not positive on this though. But anyway I'm sure the insurance co's will let you know. I'd shop around, because that does sound high, but even geography can affect rates, so who knows.

·
Registered
114 Posts
im in washington as well and have also found the rates on this car sky high it really kind of had me stunned.i had to change to a 1000 dollar dedectable just to get in the high range of a decent payment so i figured id wait till i had the car and try again now hearing your story im afraid...very afraid....wont stop me though im still getting the car and those liberal bastard insurance people can bite me!!!!:black5thburn::patriot::lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
im 26 years old, live in wisconsin I have a clean record and I was quoted $850 yearly from american family ins. i thought that was a good price

1 - 20 of 38 Posts