Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a quick chart I just put together...

Listing all the base MSRPs of V6 & V8 Camaros from 1967 to present.
Also listed is the top MSRP of full-optioned top models from 1996 to present.

At the bottom is a projection of 2010 model pricing.
This pricing projection is SOLELY BASED on adding 8 years of 3.5% annual inflation to the 2002 figures, so take it for a grain of salt.

http://www.5thgen.org/camaromsrp.htm

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Here's a quick chart I just put together...

Listing all the base MSRPs of V6 & V8 Camaros from 1967 to present.
Also listed is the top MSRP of full-optioned top models from 1996 to present.

At the bottom is a projection of 2010 model pricing.
This pricing projection is SOLELY BASED on 3.5% annual inflation, so take it for a grain of salt.

http://www.5thgen.org/camaromsrp.htm

:thumbsup:
I like salt.

EDIT: 4cylinder Camaros.....

srsly?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I think the base V8 price could be a thousand or two over what I think it could be. Reason being, the G8 GT price starts in the $29ks. The up-level seems right on par with what I think. I can see a top V6 as the price that listed, but if there is a lower V6.....I think it will be in the 22k neighborhood. Just my guess.

Its a smart idea. It prolly the best thought out one yet. I think the 5th gen will have an exception to the trend due to higher production volumes, competition matching (see:Mustang), and platform sharing. When in doubt or feeling blue...I usually look between the Mustang (rock bottom price) and G8 (for maximum price) for my guessed numbers. I would imagine it will cost more than the mustang (you get what you pay for and more), but less than a G8 (minus the cost due not wearing the up-scale Pontiac badge, less standard options, two doors, Oshawa made/ not imported, and higher volumes). Thats my rationale. But I could be wrong 100%. lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ouch. 50 grand for a decked out model? That's heading into Corvette territory.

Well, if I can get an LS3 and a 6-speed at 35K or less, I'm good. Anything else is icing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If this list is accurate.

1. I'll have to wait until I can find a pre-owned.

2. Mustange GTs will outsell the Camaro due to them starting ~$27k.

3. It'll be overpriced. Corvettes can be had for what? $46k

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes but that mustang GT only has 300hp. Which with GM getting more and more horsepower out of that 3.6L. I don't think 300hp is that far out of reach.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Ouch. 50 grand for a decked out model? That's heading into Corvette territory.

Well, if I can get an LS3 and a 6-speed at 35K or less, I'm good. Anything else is icing.
I would expect a Z06 'type' Camaro to be priced at $45K+

While that is BASE Corvette territory, that would be of no suprise to me

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I would expect a Z06 'type' Camaro to be priced at $45K+

While that is BASE Corvette territory, that would be of no suprise to me
I agree with that. If its $45k that still near the GT500 in terms or price and competition.

As for those who bring up the vette prices. I wouldnt worry about if its in vette price territory, because again....a vette is a car in a different league. Not to mention, like OA said, BASE vette price. Its nothing wrong with having the TOP Camaro in the BASE vette range. Apple to apples (ZL-1 to GT500); apple to oranges (ZL-1 to vette). When im in the grocery store looking for an apple and notice the price oddly close to a orange; I dont buy the orange because of that......I buy the apple because I wanted an apple taste, texture, and whatever.

That would be like someone shopping for a new turbo Cobalt SS and they discover that it spitting distance in price from a BASE Camaro. Im sure that same person would still buy the Cobalt SS, because thats the type of car he was into or needed.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
So, in most recent years, there was no "base" V8, but the first V8 was a Z28? Do you think they will keep that trend?

Either way, I want close to 400 hp. Whatever that is that is affordable, will be the one I get.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmmm, new top of the line Camaro or used Z06...

For some reason I don't see a camaro stickering for that much, unless they do some crazy Yenko S/C set up.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That list was a good idea, Tim. As far as 4 cylinder Camaros, my buddy's wife bought a brand-new red 1983 Camaro with a 5 speed manual transmission. Kinda clunky, as I remember, but on a road trip the mileage was good. Of course, back then , I was doubting GM would ever build a real musclecar ever again. Thank God for technology! Thank God for the 5th Gen Camaro! Thank God for Mr. Lutz!!!:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hmm top of the line Camaro or used Z06? Easy for me, CAMARO!! Kids have to at least look like they can sit in the back. The rear seats look a little more useable than those in the past. As long as the Top of the line carries a SC motor with forged guts that is. Otherwise I'll settle for a LS3 and just some bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Lt1 is going to build a shrine to Lutz in his closet.
That's a good idea, Nick. However, I think I will build the shrine in my yard! Of course, this will cost $$$, so I will now be asking for donations to "John's Bob Lutz Shrine Project". How much can I put you down for? Uh, sorry, I will not accept foreign funds, such as "Dong".:D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts