Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
link has photos

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/19/spy-shots-chevy-camaro-mule-caught-stateside/

Though it's been spotted bombing the boulevards of Australia, the Chevy Camaro mule seen in these pictures has not been caught testing in the U.S. until now. Insiders have confirmed this Middle Eastern-market Chevy Lumina SS mule with severely truncated rear doors is indeed a mule for the production Chevy Camaro that will hopefully go on sale as a 2009 model. Chris Doane shooting for Brenda Priddy snapped the pics and tells us that in addition to the shortened rear doors, the wheelbase is obviously shorter compared to a normal VE sedan from Holden and the roofline is also lower to the ground. Priddy adds that while we don't know what engine is in the mule, expect the production car to have your choice of GM's 3.6L direct-inject V6, a "regular" V8 and top-shelf motor based on the LS8 engine putting out close to 500 HP. A convertible should follow a year after the coupe arrives, just like the Camaro Convertible Concept showed up 365 days after the coupe concept.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a trailor hitch:lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Hmm, is this the same "Impala SS" as we talked about in the Automotive News section several weeks ago?

Yeah, pretty sure those are regular producton Holden wheels.

Trying to confirm myself that this is indeed a Camaro mule.
Just cuz autoblog says so does not convince me.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im still a stubborn bastard. I wont be happy until I see spy shots of a 5th gen in black camo crap.
But if it is a mule, then its nice to see progress.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im still a stubborn bastard. I wont be happy until I see spy shots of a 5th gen in black camo crap.
But if it is a mule, then its nice to see progress.
Yes I agree... I wanna see some actual camaro spyshots, some production shots, but yes progress is always good, just showing they are on track.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least there is something new, its been kinda dead lately;)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Anyone else just get the red X's? Dammit GM black suburbans nerfed them for me!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Bah I'll check it no my phone when I get off then.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YES!!! My dream might come true! :D

Good to hear there's a mule in the States as that means GM isn't being lazy.
yeah, I thought that was funning being you were asking about the hitch awhile back:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts