Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody. Since my new Camaro is about a month away from being delivered, I thought I would share with you a Camaro 1/25 scale model I built last fall. One of my hobbies is building scale plastic model cars, and this one is a combination of an AMT Concept Camaro kit and a resin aftermarket body. The body is made by Jimmy Flintstone, and is sort of a 'what if', making a Camaro into a two door Nomad type station wagon. I love wagons, and really liked the Bel air concept wagon Chevy did a while ago.
I think this would be cool, too. A Nomaro!

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's awesome!!! If Chevy would just produce some of those, I could have the best of both worlds....a wagon for the family and a Camaro for me all in one package. ;)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
So we have the camaro and the Kammaro?

One-Offs That Didn’t Make It: Camaro Kammback wagon - Firebird Type "K" wagon

GM made concepts of the Camaro/Firebird as station wagons. Both Henry Haga and Chuck Jordan in the Chevy/Pontiac studios tinkered with the idea of a kammback Camaro and Type K Firebird for the second generation cars. GM commissioned Pininfarina in the late ‘70’s to produce two prototypes. But the production cost and selling price proved too high for their target market. Deco International Corp. did offer Type K Firebird conversion kits for the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Yeah, it's probably better that the custom fabricators would make a real one instead of Chevy. At least it doesn't look like a truck cap has been added to the back. :lol:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Heck yeah! I wish we had those in America
Almost did too.. :(

I hope they revive the ST idea with a revival of the El Camino. Doesn't make much economic sense though so.. *shrug*

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Almost did too.. :(

I hope they revive the ST idea with a revival of the El Camino. Doesn't make much economic sense though so.. *shrug*
lets leave the El Camino name plate where it belongs and rename it something that doesnt sound or remind people of the whitetrashiness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts