Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you seen the small clip on youtube with the picture of the Camaro in it.

Last week on Top Gear Clarkson drove the Catty CTS-V and LOVED it. . . But, once again, bashed the American car in the studio. . .

Would anyone here like to see the Camaro make the show?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I want to see him drive the snot out of it, and then bash it in the studio for comedic effect. He does that to all the different cars. But I really want to see them give the V6 and the V8 to the Stig, and see how many cars it beats.

I can see a comparo, though. Hammond (the most passionate about cars, and the most logical) choosing the Camaro, Clarkson (the most enthusiastic, but least knowledgeable) choosing the Challenger, and Mays (the slowest, and most conservative) choosing the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm sure most of you seen the small clip on youtube with the picture of the Camaro in it.

Last week on Top Gear Clarkson drove the Catty CTS-V and LOVED it. . . But, once again, bashed the American car in the studio. . .

Would anyone here like to see the Camaro make the show?
Link to the cts-v? All I can find is the older cts-v.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't think it's quite fair game to call Clarkson "the least knowledgable". I love listening to him, as he is my favorite of the three, for his dry sarcasm, and reasonably balanced reviews. Yes, he's biased towards British and European cars, but still. Also; I doubt he'd chose the Challenger. The 300CSRT8 is one car he considers absolutely terrible. He hates it. Then again, he may change his mind for the Challenger, due to the new sheet metal.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I don't think it's quite fair game to call Clarkson "the least knowledgable". I love listening to him, as he is my favorite of the three, for his dry sarcasm, and reasonably balanced reviews. Yes, he's biased towards British and European cars, but still. Also; I doubt he'd chose the Challenger. The 300CSRT8 is one car he considers absolutely terrible. He hates it. Then again, he may change his mind for the Challenger, due to the new sheet metal.
If you've seen any of the comparos they do (the turn a car into a boat, stretch a car into a limo, etc..), he makes some of the silliest decisions. Although, it's probably just for comedic effect as well. So, let's not say "least knowledgeable". How about "most nit-picky"?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Cheapness and door dinging (what car doesn't ding when you leave the key in and open the door? Even my 93 F-150 does that). I'll take those as the only bad thing he could find. Especially when it kicks an S6's butt.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thought that was a stupid thing to pick on also. That being said...
My freakin Subaru dings at you the second you turn the key :mad: It doesn't even let you get in and situated. I hate putting on my seat belt before the a/c is on. BTW it is a seatbelt ding. If I leave it running and not even sitting in it, it dings. Drives my wife crazy when I run into the store and she stays in the car, and too hot in the summer to turn it off. I could see it ding if the E-Brake were off, but not the entire time....:screwy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I laughed quite a bit at some of the stuff he said. As to his opinion he is entitled to his, wrong though it may be :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love the show. I never miss a episode.

I actually like Clarkson. . . It's just gets annoying when he drives an American car and loves it. . . then bashes it. . . the gives the American car to Stig ALWAYS on a rainy track.

Oh, then buys an american "super car". Ford GT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.