Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081016/FREE/810169985/1065

Nearly 3,000 people stepped up for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro during the first three days since General Motors opened up the order bank.

And those people will be waiting at least four months before they get a car, as production isn't scheduled to start until February. Those who have placed an order will get updates from GM, including notification of the target production week for their car.

GM will build the Camaro at its Oshawa, Ontario, assembly plant.

Also, the automaker has yet to start taking orders for convertibles. The 2,944 sold orders taken since Monday are all coupes.

There might be another large group of orders submitted this weekend, when many people will have the time to visit a dealership.

GM opened up the order window earlier than it typically does for a new car because of the pent-up demand for the new Camaro, a GM spokesman said.

More than 600,000 people were "hand raisers" who had given GM an e-mail address in order to be notified about Camaro news.

·
8,984 Posts
1000 a day fir the first three days
120 days to go

120,000 theoretical orders before it even hits the show room.

Round that down to about 1/2 60,000 would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
471 Posts
1000 a day fir the first three days
120 days to go

120,000 theoretical orders before it even hits the show room.

Round that down to about 1/2 60,000 would be AWESOME!
None of us would have to worry about any markups in that case. Fingers crossed.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
That just shows how MUCH the people want the camaro:roxor:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
When the Camaro starts to show up at dealerships then it should get interesting. It may start a wave of people wanting to order/personalize their own.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Chevy made a good move by taunting us with the concept and giving us the protoypes and the famous shot 2 years ago:

I think the (almost) 4 year wait for the Camaro has brought tons of more people looking to buy one over the years. Chevy has done everything right to advertise the Camaro so far, so 3,000 people isn't at all surprising to me. Man I wish I could be in that number right now.

P.S: wtf is this?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The numbers are more impressive and meaningful when you place them in the context of our current economic hardships!
exactly...also figure most people don't even know chevy started taking orders and announced prices (some dealers probably don't even know yet :lol:)...and marketing isn't even close to being kicked into gear yet. I'd expect to see some Camaro commercials during the superbowl and one given out to the MVP...assuming they have sponsorship again...(last year they gave out a hybrid escalade). This baby is gonna sell.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
ya I know. I'm just talking about how the grille is gaping.....

what's weird is around the car you can see sketches, more views of the car, and the same orange writing that was on the Camaro's accessory list. Makes me wonder what GM has in store.....:confused:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
The numbers are more impressive and meaningful when you place them in the context of our current economic hardships!
Not really. I read a post on Team Camaro that Ford sold 22,000 Mustangs on the first day in 1964.

How times have changed :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Not really. I read a post on Team Camaro that Ford sold 22,000 Mustangs on the first day in 1964.

How times have changed :D
much less in terms of automotive choices back then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts