Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the Camaro Owners out there, we need to make a pact and spread there word!! I've been watching Craigslist and have notice our 4th gen. Z's & SS have dropped in value quite quickly. And have come to a conclusion in simple economics. For those of us who plan on selling or trading our current Camaro to help us to pay for the new camaro need to make a PACT.

The 96' Imp. SS, and the Corvette hold there resale fairly high simply because none of the owners are just throwing them away for a cheap price so they can move on to something else. As the new Camaro comes out on the market, it will be flooded with old Camaros for sale. And some people will let the Z28 go for $5k or maybe even $4k, which is a big fear for me. Which makes the value of my car the same. Just like the restate market, if your house is worth $450k and one person on the block sells his house for $300k and the other has a short sale of $245k, well guess what your house is only worth $350k now. I ponder every day if I sould sell my 99'Z28 now while the market is still around $10k-8k, Before every body sells theres at $3,500obo.

Kelly Blue book said my 1996 Corvette Grand Sport was worth $14k and when it got wreck and thats what the insurance company try to pay out. But I knew better, hired an appraiser, and he could not find a single one selling for less than $27k, So what that ment was the true value was not $14k and the insurance company had to pay the true resale value and guess what they did. Simply because those owners would not sell for anything less and made the value of mine much higher than what kbb suggested.

Do you see my point here? and no, the sky isn't falling, I'm just saying we need to look out for each other

So:patriot: I here, Alan (turbofireV8), will make a pact with my fellow Camaro Comrads, that when it's time to pass on my pasion,my friend, my camaro, to the next enthusist, that I will not undersell my Camaro, for a price that is not a true value in its current condition. And if for some reason my Camaro must be passed on for less that it will be only to a family member or close friend and it will not be advertised or spoken upon. And I will not bring down the value of my fellow Comrads ride, because of my lack of patients in selling my Camaro.:patriot:

I think 4th gen SS $20k-$11k, Z28 should be $10k-$7.5k and clean 3rd gen $5.5k-$3.5k, no less

:patriot:IS ANYBODY ELSE WITH ME?:patriot:

·
Registered
36 Posts
My buddy just sold a 98 ss hardtop for 6k. A month ago my dealership gave a guy 8k for a 01' ss that was immaculate. If you find the right buyer you will get your money but it is going on 10 years old.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to seeing everyone dump their 4th gens. I plan on picking up a Z28.

LS1 Camaros are like the Fox Body 5.0's. Bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I am looking forward to them droping as well. I have 2 but I want these cars to be affordable to everyday guys.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
You can't beat the laws of supply and demand. If there are more SS and Z28 fourth gens on the market than there are buyers, prices will lower. The 4th Gens are lucky to have held so much of their value for so long...well...not lucky...If you wanted the fasted used sports car around, you didn't have much choice.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Don't worry mine is not for sale and its going to stay stock

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'll be bringing the Corvette market price down, so you don't have to wory about me. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts