Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I may sound crazy here but I need to rant a minute...

I work for THE Cleveland Clinic and I'm quite surprised I haven't seen a few more Camaros around here....:suburban: everywhere :lol:

I finally spot a silver V6 leaving work the one day. She wouldn't play with me on the highway. Strike 1.
Leaving work yesterday morning I spot the car in the parking lot in between 2 other cars. Strike 2.
I walk by shaking my head knowing this girl is asking for dents knowing how wide the cars are and how tight of parking spaces. As I glanced back out of the corner of my eye I catch her parking sticker....crooked in the middle of the windshield. Strike 3.

I walked over to my car (parked near no one) shaking my head in disgust.

Maybe it's me, out of my love and enthusiasm for these cars, but I think if you're buying a Camaro you should have to go through a screening process beforehand. If you want to treat a car with disrespect...let it be something like a Prius :D:p

That is all ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok guys, I may sound crazy here but I need to rant a minute...

I work for THE Cleveland Clinic and I'm quite surprised I haven't seen a few more Camaros around here....:suburban: everywhere :lol:

I finally spot a silver V6 leaving work the one day. She wouldn't play with me on the highway. Strike 1.
Leaving work yesterday morning I spot the car in the parking lot in between 2 other cars. Strike 2.
I walk by shaking my head knowing this girl is asking for dents knowing how wide the cars are and how tight of parking spaces. As I glanced back out of the corner of my eye I catch her parking sticker....crooked in the middle of the windshield. Strike 3.

I walked over to my car (parked near no one) shaking my head in disgust.

Maybe it's me, out of my love and enthusiasm for these cars, but I think if you're buying a Camaro you should have to go through a screening process beforehand. If you want to treat a car with disrespect...let it be something like a Prius :D:p

That is all ;)
You're absolutely right. Also, it pisses me off when I see someone else in a 5th Gen and I give 'em a smile and wave, and they don't even acknowledge it. Idk, I guess I feel like we're all connected through these cars, but I guess to some people it was just the cool thing at the time.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're absolutely right. Also, it pisses me off when I see someone else in a 5th Gen and I give 'em a smile and wave, and they don't even acknowledge it. Idk, I guess I feel like we're all connected through these cars, but I guess to some people it was just the cool thing at the time.
I feel the same way!!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You might be on to something, but this is America. You all, and the members of this forum are "enthusiasts", and these owners you've run across are just car owners. They may merely see their Camaros as a form of transportation. The other female owner may just see her Camaro as a "cute" car. In a few years, it won't be so cute, all dimple-dented up. The drivers that pass by without a wave or gesture may just be arrogant people because they had the means to be fortunate to get one while they are early in their production; just to say they have one.

I don't have mine yet, but I try to give the owners a wave, or thumbs up! I've, also, gotten a bag of mixed results! Maybe, before purchasing, they should be given a psychological evaluation like police recruits are subjected to! :lol:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
i get so angry when i go to the store and im holding money in my hand, and the person in front of me is holding money too, and i nod at him....but no nod back...wtf is wrong with ppl

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also feel "connected" to others who share my car interests. I have already warned my family members that I'll be parking in the nose bleed section to avoid dings, etc. And unless you're completely oblivious while driving, how hard is it to give a smile and/or quick wave to a fellow Camaro owner. Have some pride, people.

Maybe it's just me, but if you spend all that money on a vehicle, why trash it??? She should be respected and treated well. It's just my opinion so don't hate on me for it. :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
That Drives ME NUTS!!!!!! theres a kid in my town with a 3.8 v6 and an exhaust fallin off the back of his car but he has SS emblems all over it and racing stripes ...and no waves on top of it :angry:...i hooked up my old 3.8 quite a bit but never attempted to play it off as an SS....and on top of all this i found out at papa johns on camaro day that he's a hater....all he did was bash all the other camaros....i hope this isnt the future of camaro lovers....i'll continue the legacy of respect, im only 21 lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Some ppl just view a car as an object. It's upsetting to see how some ppl treat their cars. I've only seen three new Camaros on the road and all of them have waved back. I agree, why pay so much for a car and then treat it like s**t. It's the second largest investment next to your home.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Heather, I feel your pain. I'm just like you. I get excited when I see certain cars. Women tend to be the least friendly even if their cars aren't stock. They get this, "Leave me a lone, B***C!" look on their faces. :( Oddly enough the friendliest folks were the 8thgen SI owners when i had my SI. Most Z owners are well, snooty. I shoot big grins and thumbs up at 5thgen owners, GTO owners and Corvette owners. I usually get a surprised grin and wave back in return and I'm usually doing all this from a Z. :D

One thing I've noticed all these years though, is that the above mentioned owners tend to be the coolest and friendliest on the road. Oh and those of you men with Camaros, GTOs and Vettes are always the sweetest too when the other driver is a girl. ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have to agree and disagree with some of the statements here. I take pride in all of my vehicles, I drive all my vehicles as they are intended to be...vehicles. I dont put myself on a high pedistal because I am a Camaro owner. Years ago my wife and I were Corvette owners, so we joined the local Corvette chapter...what a bunch of high maintenance sobs, they wanted special parking where we went, special treatments, we quit after 2 months. When another 2010 Camaro owner waves at me, I kinda look at him like "Dude, why are you waving at me", I just feel odd recognizing someone I dont know because he happened to purchase the same vehicle as me. My wifes Buick Enclave was several thousand more than my Camaro, am I supposed to wave at fellow Buick owners...nope, at least I dont think so. As for the parking issues, I drive my Camaro to Walmart all the time, I use common sense, I wouldnt park between two 1985 Cutlass Supremes, I typically park further away, my problem is every time I do it,I come out and there is some snot nosed kid in a beat up muddy S-10 parked right next to me, with no other vehicle in site, but I cant stop that. I try to keep them nice, but sometimes these things are beyond our control.Only my 2 cents, I'm sure I'll get blasted by others, but thats the love of a forum...Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heather, I feel your pain. I'm just like you. I get excited when I see certain cars. Women tend to be the least friendly even if their cars aren't stock. They get this, "Leave me a lone, B***C!" look on their faces. :( Oddly enough the friendliest folks were the 8thgen SI owners when i had my SI. Most Z owners are well, snooty. I shoot big grins and thumbs up at 5thgen owners, GTO owners and Corvette owners. I usually get a surprised grin and wave back in return and I'm usually doing all this from a Z. :D

One thing I've noticed all these years though, is that the above mentioned owners tend to be the coolest and friendliest on the road. Oh and those of you men with Camaros, GTOs and Vettes are always the sweetest too when the other driver is a girl. ;)
Why live your life angry. Might as well enjoy it while you're here. And why is it so hard to give a polite nod or thumbs up or wave when someone thinks you have a cool car, or lets you go ahead of them, man or woman...

Of course, though IMO --- girl (hot or not) + camaro = cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
How about when I park at the far end of the parking lot to avoid door dings and I come back out a people park right next to me when there is 150 other spot a heck of alot closer to the store. BURNS ME UP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Why live your life angry. Might as well enjoy it while you're here. And why is it so hard to give a polite nod or thumbs up or wave when someone thinks you have a cool car, or lets you go ahead of them, man or woman...

Of course, though IMO --- girl (hot or not) + camaro = cool :thumbsup:

Agreed! :agree:...IMO it's just proper Etiquette...all us 5th gen guys at this point in time are all in the same boat, we obviously wanted the car bad enough to order it or buy it very recently, and its consider to be one of the hardest cars to get. i will continue to wave and smile at all other camaro owners but most certainly the 5th gen owners at least until the cars become too common and even then i probably will still give a wave. its just proper etiquette :thumbsup:

How about when I park at the far end of the parking lot to avoid door dings and I come back out a people park right next to me when there is 150 other spot a heck of alot closer to the store. BURNS ME UP!!!!!!!!!
however that is a bit on the pointless side and i get that almost every day, its a big car a park away because i don't want dings and stuff, however i notice people are usually very careful around the car when they do, has anyone actually had people pull off the road into a parkinglot where they interrupt thier day and go out of the way to look at the car?... it happens at least once a week to me lol :lol:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I have to agree and disagree with some of the statements here. I take pride in all of my vehicles, I drive all my vehicles as they are intended to be...vehicles. I dont put myself on a high pedistal because I am a Camaro owner. Years ago my wife and I were Corvette owners, so we joined the local Corvette chapter...what a bunch of high maintenance sobs, they wanted special parking where we went, special treatments, we quit after 2 months. When another 2010 Camaro owner waves at me, I kinda look at him like "Dude, why are you waving at me", I just feel odd recognizing someone I dont know because he happened to purchase the same vehicle as me. My wifes Buick Enclave was several thousand more than my Camaro, am I supposed to wave at fellow Buick owners...nope, at least I dont think so. As for the parking issues, I drive my Camaro to Walmart all the time, I use common sense, I wouldnt park between two 1985 Cutlass Supremes, I typically park further away, my problem is every time I do it,I come out and there is some snot nosed kid in a beat up muddy S-10 parked right next to me, with no other vehicle in site, but I cant stop that. I try to keep them nice, but sometimes these things are beyond our control.Only my 2 cents, I'm sure I'll get blasted by others, but thats the love of a forum...Enjoy!
+1 for common sense :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Personally I park away from other people, but I won't take up more than one spot. I also wave to anyone that is staring or acknowledges the car in some other way. I also give the people what they want...they want some revs, they'll get some revs, they want a nice take off, they'll get it. I love to have fun with the car, but at the same time other people might not be in the same boat as you.

Sure it's a nice car, but it's still just a car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I though I was the only person this happens to. Like you, I park my 300 (DD) at the far end. Some ass needs to park his beat up 1983 k-car next to mine. WTF? BURNS ME UP TOO! :angry: (If ya wanna park near someones nice car, give it a space or two.):thumbsup:
But I won't park the Camaro in any parking lots. Its strickly a pleasure driver in the country. As is my corvette. Anyway, corvette owners have always (most everybody) wave as we go by. And some of the Camaro's have too. I alway wave back in acknowledgement, something we just do. But I have yet to have anybody in a 300 or F-150 wave. Hahahaha :lol:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts