Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I loathe averageness and embrace individualism, I find myself to be an average Southern American. I have a degree, a mortgage, a wife, a kid, a dog & bills to pay.

I have a desire for speed and toys, mainly large MUD trucks and low and fast four wheel rockets, mostly GM.

I have a deep passion for Camaros, see signature.

As I have read, reread and speculated myself, the mass target and production base are going to be young females and the V6.

Speculated Price points:

Base model V6: $20 - $22,000
Base model V8: $26 - $28,000

GM Special model 1: $30 - $32,000 (SS)
GM Special model 2: $35 - $40,000 (Z28)

Saleen: $40+
Roush: $40+
SLP: $40+
Baldwin: $40+

Now this spread is based on the 2007 Mustang and the perspective/current aftermarket for the Mustang/Camaro.

I cannot imagine the base models price point increasing by more than 10%, but what if the base model V8 and the GM special models increase by 20%

How would this affect your decision to buy?

·
Registered
742 Posts
As much as I loathe averageness and embrace individualism, I find myself to be an average Southern American. I have a degree, a mortgage, a wife, a kid, a dog & bills to pay.

I have a desire for speed and toys, mainly large MUD trucks and low and fast four wheel rockets, mostly GM.

I have a deep passion for Camaros, see signature.
do you have a mullet?? j/k

i can't imagine the prices being any more than that.

·
Registered
742 Posts
hence, they prolly know they have people like us hooked and price isn't too much of an worry as long as it's not insane. but then again u have those people who just wanna be the cool kid on the block and figure they will get a v-8 and if the challenger is the best bang for their buck they will go there. but those are the type of ppl that GM has to try and catch.

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The performance models is anyones guess :D

That's what I'm afraid of!!!!:mad:

No mullets here, but I do have a large GUN collection.:gr_patriot:

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but then again u have those people who just wanna be the cool kid on the block and figure they will get a v-8 and if the challenger is the best bang for their buck they will go there. but those are the type of ppl that GM has to try and catch.

Very good point!

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Maybe that's where the 1LE option comes into play.
AC delete, aluminium driveshaft, biggest motor, etc etc.
GM wasn't able to get that past the bean counters with the original Fixed Roof Coupe Corvette, I don't see it happening with a Camaro :D

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GM wasn't able to get that past the bean counters with the original Fixed Roof Coupe Corvette, I don't see it happening with a Camaro :D

I am confused!??? I owned one, so how did it get past the bean counters? I owned a 1992 B4C 1LE FE2 etc.....

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
If the top dog Camaro is out of my price range I can always add a supercharger or a stroker engine into the mix to even the field.

I would definitely look for used 1LE B4C Camaros if they do get produced for police duty. The Indiana State Police had a soft spot for them, hope they still do.

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cannot decide if I want a top end car or a stripped out B4C, and add my own stuff?

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, when I was scouring several sites today I found a quote stating exactly that. 40K for the top Dog.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What will be the "go-nogo" price for you guys?

Personally, I'm looking at $30,000 (that means I might be able to rationalize 32k) but if it's more than 32k I'm out.

I'd love to see it come in cheaper as I'd be able to afford things like food, mortgage payments, car insurance etc. but I'm not above neglecting every other financial responsibility I have for an '09.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
What will be the "go-nogo" price for you guys?

Personally, I'm looking at $30,000 (that means I might be able to rationalize 32k) but if it's more than 32k I'm out.

I'd love to see it come in cheaper as I'd be able to afford things like food, mortgage payments, car insurance etc. but I'm not above neglecting every other financial responsibility I have for an '09.:D
That is crazy, I JUST posted this same question on another forum!

Anyway, my wife and I were talking about purchasing the new Camaro last night and we began talking about how much we are willing to devote to it. Ideally I would like to pick up a nicely equipt LS3 for for $30,000 or less. I would reluctantly pay an out-the-door price of up to $32,000 though. Anything in the $33-35k range will be a hard sell and will really take something special to convince me. Over $35,000 and I am definitely out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two incomes must be nice!

at $32,001 I simpmly can't afford it.

Truth be told, if insurance is high for this car (which it probably will be) I really need to not get caught up in a 32K car.

If it's under 30k, I'll buy it that same day (I'll even finance it through GM if they want to make a little more money off of the sale).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Two incomes must be nice!
Lol, it is and it isn't... When you have 2 incomes, you no longer have "my money", now you have "our money". As such I now have to collaborate with my wife on any substantial purchases instead of going out and buying something on a whim (Which i was pretty good at before I got married).

On the flip side, I find that I have more of my weekly paycheck on aregular basis becasue I am not spending it on rediculous things that I really don't need. ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.