1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 CAMARO
Product Updates:
21st CENTURY SPORTS CAR PRODUCTION UNDERWAY – SHIPPING TO START SOON
On March 16, the first regular retail production Camaro started production in Oshawa. The shipping of units from Oshawa to dealers should begin shortly.
Last of the Camaro Early Ordering Welcome Kits to be mailed soon
The final batch of Camaro Welcome Kits will be mailed to customers in early April. If you have a customer who submitted a Camaro order under the Early Ordering Activity and did not receive or found their kit was damaged, let us know using the “contact us” feature on the Camaro channel of Chevylaunch.com. Please include customer‟s name, address, and order number when submitting an inquiry; and remember, it takes approximately 45 days to process a request. The final day to submit an inquiry will be Thursday, April 30, 2009.
Constraint Updates:
Hurst Short Throw Shifter (LPO code VYV)
Since start of production, the LPO Short Throw Shifter (code VYV) has been constrained as Chevrolet prepares to move the Hurst Shifter into the plant as a Regular Production Option.
The Hurst Shifter RPO is still a couple weeks away from introduction. In the interim, all Camaro orders with the LPO VYV were placed on “error pending” status. This status requires dealers to review and correct the order by removing the VYV option code Once the code is removed, the order will return to its normal “on hand” status and be eligible to be placed into production. Should your customer choose to wait for the Hurst Shifter, leave VYV on the order, and any orders that remain with VYV after the new "Factory Installed RPO" code is issued will have the VYV LPO code replaced with the new RPO code.
Cyber Gray Metallic Paint (RPO code GBV)
This should be the last week the Cyber Gray Metallic (RPO code: GBV) will be on constraint. Pending validation approval, Cyber Gray Metallic will be available for order submission.
High Wing Spoiler (LPO code 5V5)
The LPO / Dealer-installed accessory High Wing Spoiler (LPO code: 5V5) remains on full constraint.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hurst Short-Throw Shifter

For those of us who wanted the Hurst Shifter originally, but took it off to keep our orders in line, do you know when we can order one and have our dealer install it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hurst Short-Throw Shifter

Also, if the shifter becomes available at the factory before our Camaro is built, can it be added to our factory build order?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
You can order one now, but they are targeted for the 3rd quarter....

(First to order, first to receive!)

Contact Diller in one of our PARTS NEWS THREADS. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Since start of production, the LPO Short Throw Shifter (code VYV) has been constrained as Chevrolet prepares to move the Hurst Shifter into the plant as a Regular Production Option.
The Hurst Shifter RPO is still a couple weeks away from introduction. In the interim, all Camaro orders with the LPO VYV were placed on “error pending” status. This status requires dealers to review and correct the order by removing the VYV option code Once the code is removed, the order will return to its normal “on hand” status and be eligible to be placed into production. Should your customer choose to wait for the Hurst Shifter, leave VYV on the order, and any orders that remain with VYV after the new "Factory Installed RPO" code is issued will have the VYV LPO code replaced with the new RPO code.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Meaning, if I pre-ordered with the Hurst Short Throw, I have to wait until the 3rd quarter for my car to picked for production? If so, I think I will call me dealer and scrap the hurst.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Meaning, if I pre-ordered with the Hurst Short Throw, I have to wait until the 3rd quarter for my car to picked for production? If so, I think I will call me dealer and scrap the hurst.
CamaroScotty (and Diller) are talking about ordering the shifter as a free-standing accessory (which you would pick up at the dealership's parts department or have shipped to your home) rather than the factory-installed RPO...

·
Registered
470 Posts
He means for people who took it off their order and their order has already been accepted / locked.
Those people need to wait until 3rd quarter for the after market part.

-Brad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts