2005: 11,069
2006: 13,948

Total GTO Production: 40,745

G8 Production

2008: 12,045
2009: 26,404

Total G8 Production: 38,449

Total number of GTOs and G8s produced: 79,194

So the number of 2010 Camaros produced by the end of August had already surpassed all GTO production OR all G8 production.
And by the end of December, more 2010 Camaros will be produced than all GTOs and G8s combined.

Interesting!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
That is pretty wild.

I enjoyed my GTO for what it was. I also think the G8 is great (I didn't try to rhyme).

One thing to take into consideration is that that GTO was only available as completely loaded. How does the GTO production compare to that of only the Camaro SS's? I think that would be more of a fair comparison.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Apples and Oranges. The GTO was a limited production halo car, not a mass produced one. The G8 could have been a mass produced car if it had lived long enough.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
First time I've ever seen everyone here speechless... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
One thing to take into consideration is that that GTO was only available as completely loaded. How does the GTO production compare to that of only the Camaro SS's? I think that would be more of a fair comparison.

Thats the same point I try to get through the thick skulls of many of the bonehead stang drivers who keep throwing the "failed" out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I considered a GTO but went with the Monte Carlo in 06. I regret that to this day. Going from a 2001 Camaro SS to a LS4 monte was a huge step backwards. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
How do you go FWD over RWD? Plus The GTO looks 10x better.... not really, but it's RWD and LS2.
I got rid of the SS because it had so many problems I just got fed up with it. Bought it new. When I was shopping I only looked at the GTO and Monte. I did look at Vettes but couldn't afford it. What I didn't like about the GTO was how close the clutch was to the sidewall. Just didn't feel comfortable for me. I should have just gotten used to it and bought the GTO :) or better yet, spend the money to fix the Camaro and kept it

The Monte was a sleeper. Few people knew it had a V8 in it and to this day many still don't know. The engine has potential, but the car is limited by a weak tranny and FWD. You can run under 14 stock if you can launch it right (takes a lot of practice). I've seem them down in the 12s and 11s with the Cartuning turbo kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While admittedly Im not a GM guy, (other than my new Camaro!) the G8 was a nice looking vehicle. The GTO.......eh. Whats the point of 400 hp if your car looks like a Grand Am? Never got that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts