Modern Camaro Forums banner

CAMARO RACE CAR!!!????

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MidnightZ28 
#1 ·
I heard a rumor that this is true. And i think it would be tight to see a Camaro race car. O, also, is it true that next year, the Camaro will replace the Impala SS in the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES, because Ford is changing to the Mustang next year? Because Dodge will have their muscle car being the Charger, Ford will have theirs being the Mustang, so i think that Chevy will put the Camaro in the Le Mans series and NASCAR so that the Camaro will be in the public eye a lot more. And Chevy dominates NASCAR and Le Mans. So please let me know if this is true. :roxor:

#2 ·
I am pretty heavily into Nascar. There was talk of the Nationwide Series going "pony car", but that has since lost its luster. The current car (many refer to it as the COT) is pretty generic. If they did not have the stickers on them, it would be difficult to distinguish one manufacturer from another. (One of the reasons Robby Gordon has problems with the "Charger" nose on his current Avenger.

While I think it would be awesome, I am a Sirius Nascar Radio junkie, and I have not heard a word about Ford going to Mustang (in the near future) and not a peep about the new camaro as a possiblility.

Sorry.

#3 ·
It was the idea, but I think they may have decided that it would cost the teams too much money to switch to a different car being they have already put money into testing the current ones.

#4 · (Edited)
that'd be nice i'm jus not sure if i'd want the car getting all tha exposure...i think one of the reasons the car is so apealing to so many people is because it is so mysterious...it would be nice to have it one the circuit but maybe as a special or something let ford expose their biggest cash cow i'd rather the camaro kick ass on the streets and road courses...because we all know itd still grow in popularity...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.