Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have orders out of AZ and im debating of how to get my car to NY while im overseas. My wife thinks i should drive my car cross country which is about 1500+ miles. Im thinking this is a bad idea, roads are crappy, miles are gonna add up. I got less than 3k and i have a 13 SS manual. Its 1k to ship it or i could drive it.

What would you guys/girls do?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well look at it this way, it is gonna sit once you get it to NY. And you're gonna be away from it for a while. So I'd say drive it and enjoy it. Besides, at the mileage it will be once you get to NY it will still be low miles. And that $1,000 can go to something useful too...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
So i have orders out of AZ and im debating of how to get my car to NY while im overseas. My wife thinks i should drive my car cross country which is about 1500+ miles. Im thinking this is a bad idea, roads are crappy, miles are gonna add up. I got less than 3k and i have a 13 SS manual. Its 1k to ship it or i could drive it.

What would you guys/girls do?
just beware here the roads suck lol especially in the city

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Look at a train trip where you can take your car with you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
do you mean ny city? please dont put us into the same state. that cess pool should fall off into the ocean. 1500 miles is nothing. id drive it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
do you mean ny city? please dont put us into the same state. that cess pool should fall off into the ocean. 1500 miles is nothing. id drive it.
yea I mean that I hate the city also its a rat race, thankfully I live way east of there lol

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
When I was AD I made two trips across country and loved it. If it just you and your wife I say go for it and enjoy the time with her.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well depends on the wife. I did a 700 mile trip with a friend and his wife and daughter. We had to stop every 30min so they could pee and get more soda:mad: literally. I can do 700 and only stop when its time to get gas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMHO, depends on what time you have. If you're not rushed, then drive it with the wife and make a fun trip of it. who cares about mileage. You bought it to drive it! If you're rushed, then ship it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, i have my car for a few more weeks and then its getting shipped. Its going back to my hometown while I am in Korea for a year. I will be able to drive it at home for a few weeks before i leave. We are driving my wife's vehicle back together, figure spend some extra time together before i leave. My car is only gonna be 1K to ship. Trying to put some last mods on it before i leave her for a year.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I drove my 13 ZL1 on a 3000 mile road trip 1 month after I bought it when it had a whole 1k miles. I did a similar trip with my 10 2SS before I made my journey to Korea. Have fun and be safe when in Korea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts