Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, not much new learned here with the IDL...It was slightly painful, listening to sales staff who really knew nothing abuot the car - all old news to us on the forums!

Lessons learned:

- It is a 2010

- BUMBLEBEE PACK coming - details sooner to release

- POLICE PACKAGE in the works

- 21st Century Sports car going up against Us and imports

- Best of the old & new

- head up & backup assist coming 12/09

- exhaust tones - More impressive than a vette IMO!

- NO PRICING, will be announced later this year

- Ordering info December 2008, with first rounds going in Jan 2009

- Fixed mirrors, not breakaway

- Dual stripe factory installed on White & cyber gray...AND available as a dealer installed accessory

- 80-100,000 cars per year

- competition & sport modes on the SS for launch control

- ambient lighting a part of the leather interior package

- RS gets you halo's and HID's, spoiler & darkend taillamps 20" wheels even on V6

- 1LT has remote start AS AN OPTION...not available on man trans cars

Production to officially start 2/16/2009

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Tomorrow I'm off to the the Arabian Gulf until mid October. Could someone please email me the release details at : [email protected] . No pictures please. I get a satellite download once a day and pictures really clog up the link.
Thanks,
Capt Bob

ps, have fun at Indy, I wish I were going :(

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
I'll forward an email to you -

And we're ALL PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!
Thank you.

I'm proud of them too, that's why I bring them their steak, chicken, ice cream, hummers and bradleys. And once every other trip about 50,000 pounds of KABOOM! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
- Dual stripe factory installed on White & cyber gray...AND available as a dealer installed accessory

I see white is an interim color? what is the availability (all 2010 models, I don't think you can get a white z06)? do we know stripe colors.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ambient lighting tied into leather? I thought it was standard?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Pricing may not be announced until 12/2008 from what I can see - THREAD UPDATED!
So, that means dealers can't take orders until prices are released, right? That sucks.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
correct. anyone can take a deposit, but even I'm ready to put the brakes on that....I'm not trying to sell more than what I know I might get, and lead people to dissapointment!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Well, no one is getting my money until prices are announced. And if they stick to the silly packages and such that put the price for an SS with halos and ambient lighting over 35k, is there a Newman Pontiac that can hook me up with a G8 GXP? :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks for the info Scotty. I especially like the news about a Bumblebee package.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts