Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Look at it this way...the Camaro made MT's top 10 best "drivers cars" list.

I didn't even know they still made a miata. Honestly though, they were comparing it to some pretty expensive cars (except the miata).

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
you are right :), but its still annoying that a miata was freaking 3rd place :(

the auto-rags have always had a special soft-spot for that ugly little car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow! That's almost like a slap in the face. 10th place. I would've given it 5th, or 6th. IMO, the ZR1 should've been first. They stated, "If you're going to drive this car (the ZR1) fast," says Pobst, "it is very much a car where you've got to be paying attention and on your game." In other words, withdraw for a moment, and the ZR1 can easily shout, Surprise! To be the Best Driver's Car, there should be no surprises." Hell, that's what good drivers should be doing, "paying attention and on your game". Heck, I like a car that has a few surprises hidden at the ragged edge. Keeps my skills sharp.

GM needs to take note and produce the Z/28, it's factory-tuned version of the Camaro SS. Ford has the GT500, and Nissan has the NISMO Z. GM, let's get with the program! ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ok will somebody tell me how the ZR1 got only SIXTH?!?!? I remember watching an episode of Top Gear, where they tested it in the U.S. and they loved it! Said it was one of the best sports cars ever built. Lightfighter is right and it shoulda been first. If you ask me I think Motor Trend is biased towards imports in this competition:lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
All I have to say is that I wouldn't trust the judgment of anyone putting a graph out that looks like this because they seem a bit confused and apparently like things that are overly complicated :0).

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
What did you expect from motortrend? I purchased a car that they (later) identified as thier car of the year....it was in the junk yard after 16 months. I don't trust what they write. The ZR1 is in 1st and the camaro is 2nd lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
MT is bias. I think they are paid off by Ford. I agree on the Mazda. What a POS car it is. I think I'd rather walk than drive one of those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought the article was pretty reasonable. Camaro was 7th or 8th fastest around the track (did beat 370Z NIZMO and BMW 135i !), but like everyone is reporting, it pushes bad. If you are looking for a "Driver's Car" as this article allegedly is, you are NOT going to pick a car that understeers - that really does just sap all the fun out of the twisties.

I was impressed with the Camaro's showing: very comfortable, and still outran a couple of more sporty cars.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts