Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the 5th gen Camaros and was hoping that someone here -- that's more in the know about these cars -- would be able to help me figure something out with my Camaro.

I recently purchased my Camaro (pre-owned) from a Toyota dealership. The car was advertised as a 2SS. I don't have a window sticker or original docs to confirm that, but from what I've learned over the past couple weeks, the car certainly seems to match up with 2SS options and features. However, as I study other things about the Camaros, it seems that my car sports some of the features offered in the RS package: body-colored roof moldings (for sure my car has this), halo headlights (I'm pretty sure), darker taillights (I don't know), red SS badging, wheels (I don't know).

Are the pictures below enough for someone here to help me either confirm or deny whether my car has the RS package? If it does, that would be quite a nice surprise, as I thought I was purchasing an SS-only. The '69 Camaro I used to own was an RS/SS Camaro (it was blue with white stripes just like this one and was my inspiration to get this particular 5th gen Camaro). It'd be great to know if this Camaro was an SS/RS too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes it is.

You have the red SS symbols, the halo headlights, and body colored roof ditch moldings.

Lift up the trunk carpet on the left side, and there is a sticker that has all the codes for your car on there.

Congratulations on getting the rarest color of Aqua Blue Metallic.
I would do yourself a favor and get that toyota dealer sticker off of the car, just because it covers up the awesome aqua blue color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is.

You have the red SS symbols, the halo headlights, and body colored roof ditch moldings.

Lift up the trunk carpet on the left side, and there is a sticker that has all the codes for your car on there.

Congratulations on getting the rarest color of Aqua Blue Metallic.
I would do yourself a favor and get that toyota dealer sticker off of the car, just because it covers up the awesome aqua blue color.
Thanks so very much. I'll check out the trunk -- and I did get the Toyota sticker off the car. That was one of the first things to go. These photos were ones from the dealer. I haven't yet had a chance to take any of my own -- but I will this Spring.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks so very much. I'll check out the trunk -- and I did get the Toyota sticker off the car. That was one of the first things to go. These photos were ones from the dealer. I haven't yet had a chance to take any of my own -- but I will this Spring.

Thanks again!
You're welcome.

Also your tail lights are the RS tail lights, which are a darker red. Yours is one of the later 2010 models as it has the rear backup sensors. Mine was built the last week in 2009 before the backup sensors were added.

Your wheels are the $450 polished upgrade from the midnight silver.

Also if you want to know the day your car was built, pop the hood, look down on the passenger side for the Martinrea sticker. That sticker has the day your suspension was built. The car was built most likely the next day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
might even be a 2SS/RS got leather then you have a 2SS/RS

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're welcome.

Also your tail lights are the RS tail lights, which are a darker red. Yours is one of the later 2010 models as it has the rear backup sensors. Mine was built the last week in 2009 before the backup sensors were added.

Your wheels are the $450 polished upgrade from the midnight silver.

Also if you want to know the day your car was built, pop the hood, look down on the passenger side for the Martinrea sticker. That sticker has the day your suspension was built. The car was built most likely the next day.
Gosh. You really know your stuff. Thanks so much for all the help! This is a great surprise!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might even be a 2SS/RS got leather then you have a 2SS/RS
I do have leather -- two-tone even. I must have the 2SS/RS... that's an awesome surprise!

I also noticed that this car seems to me noticeably more responsive (more get-up-and-go) than my Corvette. I'm not sure if that's due to rear-end gearing or my Corvette not being fully broken in (it has 1400 miles on it). Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Fansatic find! Your a lucky man to have this one. Take good care of it and it will give more than you can amagine. Have fun dicovering all of the options and be safe. Welcome to the family! :thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Thank you for rescuing that Camaro from the Toyota stealership!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Welcome congrts, I know you will love it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I do have leather -- two-tone even. I must have the 2SS/RS... that's an awesome surprise!

I also noticed that this car seems to me noticeably more responsive (more get-up-and-go) than my Corvette. I'm not sure if that's due to rear-end gearing or my Corvette not being fully broken in (it has 1400 miles on it). Anyone have any thoughts?
DUH!!! I should have known it was a 2SS. The later model 2010 2SS and 2LT models were the only ones that had backup sensors.

I think the backup sensors are on all of the models now.

So do you have the gray interior, or the neutral (tan)? My guess is gray.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Thanks again!

What ever man all you had to do was open the door and look at the info there. But I can see you had listen to some other guy.to bad you had gone his why.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
DUH!!! I should have known it was a 2SS. The later model 2010 2SS and 2LT models were the only ones that had backup sensors.
Not true. My 1LT (purchased April 2010) has back-up sensors. Once they started using the back-up sensors...they went on all LTs and SSs...just not on the base model LS.

What ever man all you had to do was open the door and look at the info there. But I can see you had listen to some other guy.to bad you had gone his why.
I do not have a door sticker with that information. Only my trunk sticker has the factory options listed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not true. My 1LT (purchased April 2010) has back-up sensors. Once they started using the back-up sensors...they went on all LTs and SSs...just not on the base model LS.
Didn't know that. When I got the information from Camaroscotty and my dealer I was told only the "2LT and 2SS" had the backup sensors on them for the 2010 model year.

Yours being a 2010 Synergy Green is a different story as it is a 1LT with some 2LT components, such as the ambient light.

I'm not saying it didn't happen for the 2010 models, but I don't think it happened when Aqua Blue was still being built.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beautiful car! You have a winner. I never did believe in having someone slap their sticker on my car for advertising purposes. I'm glad you got rid of it. Matter of fact I can remember in earlier times some dealerships had their dealership name on an emblem where they actually drilled holes in the car to attach it without asking you first. Pretty nice, right? Again, congratulations I love your car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts