Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
still no bowtie??
will you have to get a new grill if you remove the bowtie to get rid of those holes

I'm not sure since that grille is more than likely a pre-pro piece.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Yeah, still pre-production, but pretty dang close to the finished product. :)

They definitely did an amazing job on the convertible top.
And it's no wonder... Saab did it, and they've always been good at ragtops!
That's an interesting tidbit. Saab has always been a well engineered line, IMO. I'm not crazy about turning a TrailBlazer into a 9-7 (badge engineering at it's finest), but one hand washes the other, eh?;)

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I think we are missing the fact that this IS a picture of a SS/RS!!!!!!!!!
We don't know that for sure, the pre-pros had mixed front fascias. This could be a V6 with the front scoop on it. I can't tell what size rims those are, so other than that, it's almost impossible to tell what is under the hood.

·
8,984 Posts
Man that is nice to see. A vert with the top up that looks like the hardtop.

Nice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The decision just keeps getting harder, I have no idea which model I am going to get.

I am also kinda of a newb to cars, i imagine the soft top does something to performance...?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have decided to get a V6 RS Convertible. Maybe the classic White with Orange Sripes. You can't even see the ribbing on the top. It's amazing.

The decision just keeps getting harder, I have no idea which model I am going to get.
I am also kinda of a newb to cars, i imagine the soft top does something to performance...?
I'd think it'd shave weight off of it. Maybe a hundred pounds or so?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
There's my baby in pre-production form. Can't wait :D

·
Registered
21 Posts

Yea convertibles usually aren't as stiff and are heavier. Not worth the tradeoff IMO if you're really into performence

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Coupe for me, I'm into performance. My wife asked one time when the vert was coming out. She said she might want that one day. It was a great feeling. Don't remember if I woke up after that, or if it was real. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts