Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Cool car but why didn't they tell us the weight? That's a huge part of what this car is all about right?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its still a concept.we dont know much about anything yet. im sure we will once they debut it at sema. im curious about the HP, wheel and tires, brakes apparently are 6 piston up front. is it a cts-v setup?but i know by putting on carbon fiber hood,fenders,doors, and trunk that the weight drops down by hundreds of lbs. i bet this car lost close to 400lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Cool car but why didn't they tell us the weight? That's a huge part of what this car is all about right?
Thats what I was thinking also. I bet this car gained weight out the wazoo

UNLESS a few of those mods ( suspension ) were done which sheds quite a bit of weight.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

UNLESS a few of those mods ( suspension ) were done which sheds quite a bit of weight.
Well I figure the sealer delete is worth 50 lbs and the carpet, insulation and back seat would be good for another 50. The doors and front clip in composite? Tough to say but also have to add that rollbar.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

why would it have gained weight? every body panel that can be taken off, is carbon fiber, it has lightweight racing seats in it, no back seats, no carpet, and what looks like light weight wheels.
pfadt did the suspension. and it is a less restrictive exhaust which may have shed more lbs depending on what was done. just changing outthe catback will drop close to 30lbs.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
GM needs to wake up and kick A$$...

·
Registered
589 Posts
The price of that car would never be justified.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
depends who you are, how much you make and if you plan on using the car for a factory class race series. then, the price is justified.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SSX - vs Boss 302 Laguna Seca

I love my camaro BUT I have to admit the Laguna Seca edition is a street legal track car while the SSX is a dedicated track car. If I HAD to choose, I'd take the Mustang. BUT - BUT - I am building my Camaro as a dual purpose ride. It is getting there. Track - Analyze - Adjust - REPEAT....

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats pretty much the approach i am taking with my car. i need a set of track wheels and tires now. suspension is juuusssst about complete.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
There's always SOME person with more money than brains that somehow always falls for the sticker price or over, instantly justifying the price to the seller and anyone who has anything close to it. Always. Never fails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts