Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Calvacade of Customs here in Cincinnati yesterday and the GM Performance division was there with a few cool cars. One was the Camaro SSX Track Concept car:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Cool, but is the wing necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean it's a track car so I would assume it gives you better downforce.

·
8,984 Posts
Scotty, is this the inspiration?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not a fan of the wing, but if anyone can tell me where to get the carbon fiber splitter and ground effects, I would be all over that...

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
have you never watched racing? its a much needed piece to the car when going 150+ and then going into turns.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lose the wing! There has to be something better!
This isn't a DD...... It's a track car. Track cars need wings. Ever heard of Chris Rado and that horribly ugly front wing that he had to look through? He pretty much broke all the track records in his bracket.... Wings are essential for stuff like that. It's not there for show.

·
8,984 Posts
I disagree with the wing theory. A different wing could have been used, unless the rules stated that the wing had to be a RICE wing. With that said, all wings do something different.

I prefer this:

·
Registered
132 Posts
What makes that a rice wing? All I'm saying is I think the ENGINEERS who designed a TRACK CAR know more about what works than forum mechanics....lol.

Looks pretty ricer huh? Yet it set every single record.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts