Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what car will be faster I am sure the V8 can take it but do you think the V6 will beat it? The cobalt is a quick lil car with about 240horse and 240trq at the wheels stock stock they run 14's but upgraded they run 13's so what does everyone think?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
what's the weight difference??? That will be the big factor between the 2. but in the end...it's still a cobalt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I did a little bit of research after I posted and it looks like the cobalt will be faster then the V8 after a lil bit of work but still its a cobalt so I will have to make a decision come around feb. If the SS2 Camaro is under 30 I will get it

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yea I did a little bit of research after I posted and it looks like the cobalt will be faster then the V8 after a lil bit of work but still its a cobalt so I will have to make a decision come around feb. If the SS2 Camaro is under 30 I will get it
I hope you meant V6;). If the cobalt SS is faster than the Camaro V8, than either the Cobalt is one badass car, or Huston, we have a problem.:screwy:

By Feb we will definitely know pricing details (hopefully by December). Personally, I'd much rather have any camaro than a cobalt. You said you'd be able to mod a cobalt into the 13's...well, you'll be able to mod a V6 camaro as well.:cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true but how much modding will be available for a camaro? just regular stuff right? like exhaust intake thats really about it that I see for a camaro for how much I want to spend over sticker. and the cobalt gets over 23MPG

·
Registered
897 Posts
true but how much modding will be available for a camaro? just regular stuff right? like exhaust intake thats really about it that I see for a camaro for how much I want to spend over sticker. and the cobalt gets over 23MPG
What do you mean regular stuff:confused: Same stuff you would do to the Cobalt. I doubt there will be any secret special mods, like a switch to unlock 2 additional cylinders turning your V6 into a V8.

The Camaro will get that kind of gas mileage as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the camaro won't get 23 MPG city. I am trying to figure out how much a V6 will gain from a header back exhaust.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
you're already worrying too much...The DI-V6 is supposed to be a helluva motor. True you may have a to wait a little while for mods to get released...but I think it will be worth it. No one can say for sure at this point that the V6 wont get 23 mpg.

Just buy the one you like better...and there's already plenty of dealers out there (see scotty) that are saying they aren't going to mark up over MSRP (especially on a V6).

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
First, I don't care if it's an SS, LS, LT, etc, the Cobalt is one crappy little POS car. We have an LT for the office and I hate that piece of garbage.

Second, compairing an economy car (SS or not) to a real sports car is an apples and oranges comparison.

Third, people mod the HELL out of the LS motors. Anything you could possibly want to do to the V-8 car's engine will be available from the get go because there's already a whole mess of aftermarket support for these engines.

·
Registered
86 Posts
wha?? :rolleyes:

you'll be able to do any mod you can to any LSX car.

heads, cam, stroker, FI, rockers, tuning, CAI, UDP, intake porting, TB, shifter, gears, headers, exhaust, suspension, lightweight parts, etc...

the camaro is going to be a low 11 sec car with cam and bolt-ons, IMO

·
Registered
897 Posts
the camaro won't get 23 MPG city. I am trying to figure out how much a V6 will gain from a header back exhaust.
Oh hell no, not city. You didn't say that. I bet the V6 Camaro could average 23mpg though, as long as you drive conservative at times.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
wha?? :rolleyes:

you'll be able to do any mod you can to any LSX car.

heads, cam, stroker, FI, rockers, tuning, CAI, UDP, intake porting, TB, shifter, gears, headers, exhaust, suspension, lightweight parts, etc...

the camaro is going to be a low 11 sec car with cam and bolt-ons, IMO
I think he's thinking more in terms of modding a V6...but hey, what do I know.

It sounds like he's trying to find excuses to justify buying a Cobalt over a Camaro. :boxing: don't do it...you'll regret it the first time you see a 5th gen on the road and you're driving around in your Cobalt.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think he's thinking more in terms of modding a V6...but hey, what do I know.
Yeah, he's talking V6 I think. But I don't think he realizes how much you have to mod the Cobalt SS to get it into the 13's as oppose to how little you would have to do to the Camaro. Upgrade to the exhaust and a tune alone will do a ton for the V6 Camaro, you won't have to mod the hell out of it.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Well he started off talking about the V-8 not having any mods (or rather "normal mods") then started talking about a header back exhaust for the V-6.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well he started off talking about the V-8 not having any mods (or rather "normal mods") then started talking about a header back exhaust for the V-6.
I think in depends on what throught process we are catching him on at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
The Cobalt is in a different car segment than the Camaro, so as stated earlier, an apples to oranges comparison. The Cobalt SS with the turbo won't be very difficult at all to get into the high 12's with the right combination of mods. It will easily walk the 3.6DI Camaro, but an SS is an entirely different story.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I dont care if you put an LSX in a cobalt.. it's still a cobalt. :lol:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts