Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
To me it sounds like GM is taking the time to do it right. I don't know about the Challenger, but it seems like the Camaro is going step by step, and not rushing into production, so that everything is covered. GM knows this is a huge deal.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I agree I think its because they are using the charger to base it off of and the charger has been in the US for a while. We don't even have the G8 here yet.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like this response from the Transformers movie buzz email and as now posted on the Chevylaunch.com website. Oh yeah, CAMARO now has it's own dedicated page on Chevylaunch.com I take this to mean that things are getting ready to start happening. Anyway, here's the quote:

"Why is the Camaro taking so long to launch? Is it late?

Back in August 2006, GM announced that the all-new Camaro would go on sale in the first quarter of 2009. Nothing has changed. This is still the target date for production. GM is using this time frame to further develop its new global rear-wheel-drive architecture and fine-tune Camaro’s fuel-efficient powertrain, sophisticated chassis and contemporary design."

Let's not also forget that they had to end production of one model line, tear down the line, re-tool and then get everything back in operation for the new platform. If a separate, dedicated facility had been available, maybe it could have come out earlier, but when you have to create an inventory of one car prior to ending production, it takes time. We'll all be happy in the end.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'll not say too much on DCX quality of the new platforms. I had 2 Magnum rent-a-cars when they first came out because I had the Camaro in the shop under accident repair. I killed both of those and ended up with a grand prix instead. Didn't think then but I probably coulda sued on the 2nd one when the brakes failed on me. It did NOT like to be brake torqued we'll just say that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts