1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i told you guys
the v6 camaro can keep up with the challenger 0-60 and ALMOST the quarter mile
14.5 to 14.1
not that big considering the challenger is about 10grand more, 75 horse more, and 100+ torque more
you guys can say i was posting bull crap threads but in reality they weren't
i told you the camaro can keep up with the challenger r/t and it can

·
Registered
54 Posts
well i told you guys
the v6 camaro can keep up with the challenger 0-60 and ALMOST the quarter mile
14.5 to 14.1
not that big considering the challenger is about 10grand more, 75 horse more, and 100+ torque more
you guys can say i was posting bull crap threads but in reality they weren't
i told you the camaro can keep up with the challenger r/t and it can
:lol: We both where thinking the same thing.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
How many Challengers have made it to the strip other than the ones tested by the auto-media? It will certainly be more capable than a 14.1 1/4 ET. Several of the original 5.7 hemi cars run in the 13's bone stock. Now add in the fact of more HP/TQ and waaaay better gears. I'm still holding true to what I know, and until I see otherwise........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many Challengers have made it to the strip other than the ones tested by the auto-media? It will certainly be more capable than a 14.1 1/4 ET. Several of the original 5.7 hemi cars run in the 13's bone stock. Now add in the fact of more HP/TQ and waaaay better gears. I'm still holding true to what I know, and until I see otherwise........:rolleyes:
dude they have pros do it
why cant you face that the challenger isnt gunna out run the v6 camaro by much
lol
i want to see a stock hemi 5.7 run a 13 i havent yet
the srt has a tough time doing it ;)

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
dude they have pros do it
why cant you face that the challenger isnt gunna out run the v6 camaro by much
lol
i want to see a stock hemi 5.7 run a 13 i havent yet
the srt has a tough time doing it ;)
I've already accepted the fact that the Challenger RT will outrun the Camaro V6, but what's up in the air here is just by how much. Why don't you meet me and a few of my friends at E-town or ATCO and I'll show you several examples. BTW, the SRT's are easy mid to low 13 cars.

·
8,984 Posts
yea most of the people were saying wow this guy is retarded for thinking that
and well this whole time i was...
RIGHT
That has not changed and all of this is still speculation.

That is the FACT that you do not get.

Believe you me, we ALL want it to happen, is it possible, HELL YES, probable, NO.

If it happens and youa re right, then WTF do you want from us.

All you will get from me is, " Great F'N guess Sweetheart."

You still believe the dribble that comes out of your own mouth as fact and it could become fact, but as of now it is STIL speculation.

Now if you really want to hear about it run over to the Challenger site and tell them what you told us.

PLEASE wait until two production cars are out and ATLEAST a magazine does a side by side track day at somewhere like Road Atlanta and flogs these ponies for everything they are worth.

If the V6 Camaro spanks the RT then that's great, but it has not happened yet and will not until probably early NEXT year.

For those that are keeping track, that is 2009.

I do not expect you two homosapiens (for lack of a better word) to understand any of MY dribble, so carry on with your rants about the V6 Camaro being a space ship that will do 0-60 in sub 5 seconds and WILL cost $20, 932.56.

Keep speaking in half truths and out of the side of your mouth. You are gaining no respect around here from anyone.

And in closing, I hope you are right!:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've already accepted the fact that the Challenger RT will outrun the Camaro V6, but what's up in the air here is just by how much. Why don't you meet me and a few of my friends at E-town or ATCO and I'll show you several examples. BTW, the SRT's are easy mid to low 13 cars.
yea no they arent
i have seen srt8s stock run and they ran high 13's dude
idk why you think they are fast
they are tooooo heavy
yea it wont out run the camaro v6 0-60 retard

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That has not changed and all of this is still speculation.

That is the FACT that you do not get.

Believe you me, we ALL want it to happen, is it possible, HELL YES, probable, NO.

If it happens and youa re right, then WTF do you want from us.

All you will get from me is, " Great F'N guess Sweetheart."

You still believe the dribble that comes out of your own mouth as fact and it could become fact, but as of now it is STIL speculation.

Now if you really want to hear about it run over to the Challenger site and tell them what you told us.

PLEASE wait until two production cars are out and ATLEAST a magazine does a side by side track day at somewhere like Road Atlanta and flogs these ponies for everything they are worth.

If the V6 Camaro spanks the RT then that's great, but it has not happened yet and will not until probably early NEXT year.

For those that are keeping track, that is 2009.

I do not expect you two homosapiens (for lack of a better word) to understand any of MY dribble, so carry on with your rants about the V6 Camaro being a space ship that will do 0-60 in sub 5 seconds and WILL cost $20, 932.56.

Keep speaking in half truths and out of the side of your mouth. You are gaining no respect around here from anyone.

And in closing, I hope you are right!:)
dumb ass
they tested the camaro you stupid ass and it got a 6.0 second and they want it to 5.9 to be able to compete with the challenger
like you have respect from anyone
you and dodge boy think the challenger can beat practically everything on the road
which it is SLOW
its too HEAVY
the camaro will weigh about 400 pounds less
the quarter mile isnt about torque
its about horsepower at the end
and its about weight and horsepower
you can make millions of pounds of torque and one horse power
doesnt mean anything does it then?
so yes the camaro v6 will keep up with the r/t from 0-60 get used to your beloved car being SLOW

·
Registered
318 Posts
Uh. gdcod, chill out. It's an internet forum. He never claimed to have respect from anyone. He never points out that the Challenger will beat the Camaro, ever. As to your argument about 'torque vs horsepower' I have to disagree. Torque is what you feel. Torque is what propels the vehicle forward. Horsepower is just a rating given to the engine. I don't know if a guy in a Challenger punched your mom, gd, or what, but really. Stop taking everything so personally. He's looking at it from a logical point of view. You're looking at it from, "Pfft, dumbass, I know all sorts of **** about everything!"

In closing, quit acting like a child.

·
8,984 Posts
You two had better watch the name calling.

BTW, I am a Smart Ass, not a Dumb ass. :)

You guys still do not get the point or any point.

It is going to be a hard life once you get out of your teens.

Wow.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh. gdcod, chill out. It's an internet forum. He never claimed to have respect from anyone. He never points out that the Challenger will beat the Camaro, ever. As to your argument about 'torque vs horsepower' I have to disagree. Torque is what you feel. Torque is what propels the vehicle forward. Horsepower is just a rating given to the engine. I don't know if a guy in a Challenger punched your mom, gd, or what, but really. Stop taking everything so personally. He's looking at it from a logical point of view. You're looking at it from, "Pfft, dumbass, I know all sorts of **** about everything!"

In closing, quit acting like a child.
aye but horsepower is how fast it makes the torque

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
GD,

stop..all your doing is paper racing right now. And to be fair we have no idea what the V6 Camaro is going to do. Sure it has 300HP but it not going to be an LS1 beater out of the box.

Here is one Dodge forum talking about the Challenger Stang and Camaro

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1409384

Originally Posted by 07SXT
2009 Dogde Challenger 3.5 V6 250 hp
2010 Chevy Camaro 3.6 V6 300hp
2008 Ford Mustang 4.0 V6 220hp

Which one do you think is the fastest in 0-60 and 1/4 mile??
Also the new V6 Camaro has as much HP as the 98-02 Z28 Camaros and the same HP as the 05-up Mustang GT...
i had a 98 Camaro SS and stock it has 320HP so it'll be sad if the new V6 Camaro was as fast as it!!

back to the topic:

Chevy Camaro 0-60 6.2 Sec
Ford Mustang V6 0-60 7.5 Sec
Dodge Challenger SE 0-60 8.7 Sec (information from a internet blog)
So this guy figures the 300HP Chevy Camaro's 0-60 is 6.2 Sec.
Okay 6.2 now here is Edmunds with the R/T Challenger:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=130955

Combine this with the Dodge's estimated curb weight of 4,041 pounds and you get our 0-60-mph run of 5.9 seconds (5.5 seconds using a 1-foot rollout like at a drag strip). The quarter-mile is dispatched in 14.1 seconds at 100.8 mph. We tested the R/T (as well as the V6-powered SE and the SRT8 with its newly available manual tranny) at the well-known Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey.

If these numbers seem pretty close to those you might expect from an SRT8, give yourself a cookie. The 425-hp, 6.1-liter SRT8 fitted with the new Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission cranks out a 0-60-mph run of 5.5 seconds (or 5.2 seconds using a 1-foot rollout like at a drag strip). The higher-revving but heavier SRT8 will get through the quarter in 13.8 seconds at 103 mph. Good numbers, but not much better than the R/T. And as our test driver noted, the SRT8 could break 60 mph at the top of 2nd gear thanks to the Hemi's 6,400-rpm redline. The R/T's 5.7-liter Hemi V8 redlines at 5,800 rpm and had to be shifted into 3rd instead, and the time spent on the gearchange accounts for almost all of the time difference to 60 mph between the two cars.
Google is a good ally in paper races. Look up all the Dodge stuff you want the RT is not going to get smoked by the V6 by any chance. Will it be a good run? Sure it will. But hey the V6 Camaro is going to have 300HP, less weight to its advantage.... 5.5-5.9 0-60 is a little better than the claimed 6.2 of the Camaro.
Again like asked wait a year till these are both out on the street broken in and on the track. The V6 Camaro might be packing on hell of a bang for the buck. Maybe thats what GM was looking for. Time will tell not bitching about it on internet sites.

Reactions: CUONCRS

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yup, we won't know results for sure until these cars start hitting the streets and people are putting up real-world numbers.

Until then it's anybody's guess. :)
Or as we've seen recently here, everybody's guess... :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GD,

stop..all your doing is paper racing right now. And to be fair we have no idea what the V6 Camaro is going to do. Sure it has 300HP but it not going to be an LS1 beater out of the box.

Here is one Dodge forum talking about the Challenger Stang and Camaro

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1409384

So this guy figures the 300HP Chevy Camaro's 0-60 is 6.2 Sec.
Okay 6.2 now here is Edmunds with the R/T Challenger:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=130955

Google is a good ally in paper races. Look up all the Dodge stuff you want the RT is not going to get smoked by the V6 by any chance. Will it be a good run? Sure it will. But hey the V6 Camaro is going to have 300HP, less weight to its advantage.... 5.5-5.9 0-60 is a little better than the claimed 6.2 of the Camaro.
Again like asked wait a year till these are both out on the street broken in and on the track. The V6 Camaro might be packing on hell of a bang for the buck. Maybe thats what GM was looking for. Time will tell not bitching about it on internet sites.
it was 6 seconds flat

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
yea no they arent
i have seen srt8s stock run and they ran high 13's dude
idk why you think they are fast
they are tooooo heavy
yea it wont out run the camaro v6 0-60 retard
I know you didn't just call me a f'n retard.:mad:

#1. Simmer down with the name calling.
#2. I've got shoes older than you, so wisdom and experience are sorely in my f'n favor!
#3. Infraction issued!
#4. Keep your unknowing paper racing crap to yourself, especially if it involves inflammatory rebuttals to the members of this board.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
it was 6 seconds flat
do you know what .2 of a second is? You think that every V6 Camaro is going to run a 6 second time? You think every mags going to get the same 0-60?
One thats not production times. Those are optimistic times.
Like Jonz said many Chargers are running better than production claims. Again could the Camaro? Well we will see when it comes out. Heck it could rip off a 5.9 0-60. But if your not a good driver and know the car I would bet most people will get mid 6's out of thier cars. Pre production cars vs. production cars is not fair to compare. You can speculate all you want. And if it holds true just more power to the Camaro.

I dont know about you but one thing is when I got my 94 Z28 in the spring of 96. I was up at New England Dragway a lot running down the strip. Truth be told when I first got my car I was not doing the times people say it was capable of doing. Heck almost a full second off the 1/4 mile times. If a driver of a V6 Camaro knows what he is doing he might pull an upset on a R/T. But same can be said with the R/T guy like Jonz said if they know thier car they will not lose.

Like I said 6 seconds flat does not mean anything on paper or preproduction cars. I have been at the track and ran my car religiously for a while and yes
.2 seconds is something but it all depends on who is driving the car.

Reactions: 54inches
1 - 20 of 97 Posts