Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one looks better? Which one looks more like a real american muscle car?

My opinion

I wanted the camaro and now I want the challenger. I don't think the camaro looks that cool anymore after those pics or any other pic. I think the challenger will beat the camaro very hard. Inside and out and all the way around.
That challenger is hot :cool:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Which one looks better? Which one looks more like a real american muscle car?

My opinion

I wanted the camaro and now I want the challenger. I don't think the camaro looks that cool anymore after those pics or any other pic. I think the challenger will beat the camaro very hard. Inside and out and all the way around.
That challenger is hot :cool:
Troll much?

Have fun getting your ass handed to you by every Camaro made.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is not out yet. What you know about that? the camaro looks fat next to the challenger

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much is that? and how much do you think your z plattform camaro will weight? we can discuss this until 2009, but my prediction is that there is not going to be a great weight difference between the two and the challanger will outperform the camaro.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and I think people are dreaming about getting a camaro with more HP than the challenger. not real.:lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
If you look at the dimensions, the Challenger is a far larger car, and it will outweigh the Camaro by a good 400 pounds or more.

Seeing as the first round of SRT8s are already over $40,000 MSRP, they're priced several thousand dollars more than Camaro, which will be priced competitively with Mustang.

The 2008 Challenger SRT8 has 425hp.
If Camaro gets the LS3, that's 430hp, which is already more.

I do like the Challenger, quite a bit actually.
Great looking car that will be a great success for Chrysler.
Makes nice power, and is fast, just like the existing 300C & Charger.
It's just too retro for me though, and its size is too large for my tastes.
Not to mention its weight, and high price tag.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I've seen both the Chevy and Dodge cars while they were on the show circuit.

The Dodge is definately a larger car. I like the looks, but a $40k+ price is a deal breaker for me and I'm sure thousands of potential buyers.

The Camaro is a great looking car, lighter, and with ONLY a LS3 should be able to hand a Dodge owner their butt. I hope that GM will have an even more powerful option available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Weren't the mopars usually the heaviest of the big three? My old man always talked about how much everything on his old Dodges and Plymouths weighed. He did say that nothing he ever owned had as much torque as his old Boat Mopars, but that was when Chryslers still had huge elephant engines.

They don't have much of that now. It actually looks like what was once a small block, for chevy, is now in big block displacement sizes.

my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
No one will know the numbers until GM shows there cards. But as conservatively put, this can be speculated:

Camaro ---- Challenger

V6 3.6 - 261hp ---- V6 3.5 HO- 235hp

L76 (base V8)- 362hp ----- 5.7 (R/T)- 350hp

Ls3 (top V8 conservative)- 435hp --- 6.1 (SRT8)- 425hp

And remember thats just a conservative guess on GM playing cards. Weight is a factor and I doubt a two door zeta can weight more than its 4 door cousin.
So lets compare there four door cousins just to get an idea.

Commodore- ------ Charger -

V6 3.6 - 261hp -3,885lb ------ V6 3.5 HO- 235hp -3,800lb

L76 (GT)- 362hp -3,995lb ------- 5.7 (R/T)- 340hp -4,031lb

Do the math, with equal skilled drivers it seems it would be a close run with the G8 by a small lead. While, in my opinion, that far from "spanking" the dodge but still FTW to the G8.

Now back to "Camaro vs. Challenger". The Challengers weight will likely be the same or a tad lower to the Charger due to the LC's being a revised LX platform with increased rigidity and reinforcment (see: added weight). So the Challenger's 2 door advantage would prolly be void against its 4 door cousin. And if one was to look hard at all the spy photos, the camaro is smaller than it appears alone. Example, find the pic of the production prototypes next to the current mustangs. So, with fair speculation for both:

Camaro 3800lbs (L76- 362hp) vs. Challenger 4000lbs (5.7- 340hp)

Again do the math.
Stock for stock, I would rather be piloting the Camaro. Im an "apples to apples" kinda guy; so the 6.1 SRT-8 Charger vs. G8 GT arguement is pointless. For all we know GM could come out of the woodwork swinging with a badass GXP to answer to the SRT-8. Until then, its pointless.

As proven by our brothers from down under the L76 is a engine that responds very good to mods and has a supportive aftermarket. So I can sleep soundly knowing that when I go buy my 5th gen; I can upgrade my car the next week. Hell, most of the Dodge guys on here that are looking hard at the Camaro will admit that they were left out in the aftermarket. Hell, just until recently that tuning equipment has been looked into fro the HEMI cars.

So my next rant:
Stock vs. Stock, .....who the hell is these days. I plan on voiding GM's warranty within the year of ownership; so lets get to the real point.

Mod vs. Mod
Who will win.
Camaro (strong aftermarket, responsive to mods) vs. Challenger (weak aftermarket, mild responds to mods.....and yes I have seen there results)

Still, I strongly favor the Camaro. See the point.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Just put the speculation bug in the air on the issue, here' a (fair to all three cars) speculation spec chart I made.:lol:

Evils like this, make me wish that the real numbers be delivered soon by not just GM, but Ford as well.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Camaro all day long.

Like Jinx and Lu have pointed out the Chally will undoubtedly be seeing those 4 tail lights more often than not. Even if the future results are inferred from using exhisting cars such as the SRT-8's and 4th gens and GTO's. With much less hp on the fbods behalf and 25 less on the GTO's behalf average times are about the same. Thats with less HP. By every estimate the GM vehicles are going to have more this go around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just my opinion, I think the challengers weight'll do it in. You could have a huge engine under the hood, but on take off it's gonna take time to get that weight moving. With the right driver, I think a Camaro with an L76 could easily beat a challenger SRT.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.