Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to several dealers, the New 2012 Camaro ZL1 allocation is disappointing at best - it it FAR less than anyone had anticipated for the start up.....

For those buying from other dealers, be prepared to see some of the HIGHEST markups we've seen to date on the Camaro!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oddly enough there are dealers in Oregon who still markup Camaro's even now. The Chevy dealer in Salem still tacks on $2k per car.

Well, if you wanted exclusivity, this is your shot. It all depends on what that exclusivity is worth to you?

So, my bet is.... $25k markup to start and it settles down to $15k for the first few years.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
remember y'all, this is only a half year model run.... that's why the numbers are low. but the coolest thing about the low numbers is this will be an instant collectible. too bad i can't afford one. some dealers like Eric at Classic have already said "no markups!" so i'm sure if you want one and do your research you can find a dealer to work with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oddly enough there are dealers in Oregon who still markup Camaro's even now. The Chevy dealer in Salem still tacks on $2k per car.

Well, if you wanted exclusivity, this is your shot. It all depends on what that exclusivity is worth to you?

So, my bet is.... $25k markup to start and it settles down to $15k for the first few years.
I really dont see any more than a $5k markup at most. Realistically its not z06 or viper caliber.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
remember y'all, this is only a half year model run.... that's why the numbers are low. but the coolest thing about the low numbers is this will be an instant collectible. too bad i can't afford one. some dealers like Eric at Classic have already said "no markups!" so i'm sure if you want one and do your research you can find a dealer to work with.
Not judging by the calls I got...The amount of buyers is FAR exceeding availability.

Ebay will have some record setting auctions in a few months. Even Eric / Classic got crushed with allocation vs buyers.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seeing as the SS had markups up to $15,000 in some area's - I see $30,000+ a reality on the ZL1....maybe more. There's way more demand.
Who will get the one you have coming? I have heard of the dealership owners keeping the first one they recieve. Just curious..........

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know what our mark up is - MSRP.

Our ONE car goes to FAIRBANKS ALASKA - to mc.com member AlaskaZ06 - who was my FIRST SS Camaro customer as well. He was the first that asked to be put on a Z28 list... when it was announced as a ZL1, he said he wanted it.....so he shall get it!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts