Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone guesstimate the price will be on the new camaro?
Second how do you think it will compare to the challenger on performance?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
about 21K and for your second question:

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

@dropped94: I thought we were talking about the base priced Camaro. Then in that case 33K sounds about right for the SS.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I doubt that didn't the 02 ss go for 33k-36k::BangHead:
That's why it's kind of a silly question. There are too many models to just say a price, and if you want to get a detailed breakdown of some people's opinions about prices (because that's all there is, speculation), then there are other threads with people's predictions.

Plus, as far as performance, what models are you talking about? The Challenger weighs more than the Camaro in every model. Will an SRT8 beat a V6 Camaro? Sure, in a straight line, but not by much. What about on the 'Ring? What about at a normal track? Who knows.

Model-level for model-level, the Camaro should outperform the Challenger and the Mustang. We'll know for sure once production starts, and the car magazines do what they are good at, getting raw numbers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm hoping it will be 38k, (the GTO was 33K) and 10K down between trade-in and money-down, hopefully that'll put the payments around $500month, just guessing.

And to that second question, about how will it compare with the Challenger SRT-8, well I'm kinda scared, it'll sure be a good match up, they both have horse power 422hp-to-425hp, weight 3850lbs-4100lbs, both have IRS, both have Brembo brakes. So as performace these cars will be neck and neck, it'll just come down to how well they excute that power to the ground.

On a side note, I went and look at a challenger, holy jeeze, thats a BIG car! I hope ours is a lot smaller.
And did any one see the MPG on a challenger:rotflmao:

·
Registered
78 Posts
And to that second question, about how will it compare with the Challenger SRT-8, well I'm kinda scared, it'll sure be a good match up, they both have horse power 422hp-to-425hp, weight 3850lbs-4100lbs, both have IRS, both have Brembo brakes. So as performace these cars will be neck and neck, it'll just come down to how well they excute that power to the ground.
can't really argue with logic :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
So what does everyone guesstimate the price will be on the new camaro?
Second how do you think it will compare to the challenger on performance?
My numbers are based upon being competitive with the Mustang and being able to sell 80,000 units in the first year of production. To do this Chevy will have to sell the Camaro at these prices

Base V6 $20-$22,000
Base V8 $24-$27,000
SS Model $28-$33,000

Year 2 and beyond
Super Charged (SS/Z28) $35-$40,000

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Dealers in my area are saying 35K to 42K for a loaded SS/RS. :(

Larry
Sounds like dealers in your area are already factoring in a big markup.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
My numbers are based upon being competitive with the Mustang and being able to sell 80,000 units in the first year of production. To do this Chevy will have to sell the Camaro at these prices

Base V6 $20-$22,000
Base V8 $24-$27,000
SS Model $28-$33,000

Year 2 and beyond
Super Charged (SS/Z28) $35-$40,000
There is no "base V8"... the SS is the V8 version. There is the L99 with the Automatic, and the LS3 (L99 with no AFM) with the Manual.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts