Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did both of these sites come about? Both are active and I thought Modern Camaro changed from Camaro5. Both look simlar, are they similar?
H

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Hello.

www.ModernCamaro.com was called www.5thgen.org. This site was started by a Camaro enthusiast shortly after the 2010 Camaro was introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It was later sold to the current owner, Tim (OctaneSS/RS)

Camaro5.com is believed to be owned by a dealership conglomerate and was created shortly after 5thgen.org. They both use VBULLETIN forum coding.

Two different sites with the same passion - Camaros :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello.

www.ModernCamaro.com was called www.5thgen.org. This site was started by a Camaro enthusiast shortly after the 2010 Camaro was introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It was later sold to the current owner, Tim (OctaneSS/RS)
:D
So, OA. When you gonna host or assemble a michigan camaro rally of some sort. Maybe spring of 2010. Think about it...

:5thgendrive:

·
9,152 Posts
So, OA. When you gonna host or assemble a michigan camaro rally of some sort. Maybe spring of 2010. Think about it...

:5thgendrive:
I do run a site www.MichiganClassics.com that will be undergoing some changes over the winter. We also help run a few car shows during the summer :D

A local Camaro meet is not out of the question. Wish our Camaro was able to move under it's own power :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello.

Camaro5.com is believed to be owned by a dealership conglomerate and was created shortly after 5thgen.org. They both use VBULLETIN forum coding.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

wow, you guys actually believe this?
Pardon my immaturity, but seriously. Stop spreading mis-information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

This place is great....

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I no longer believe a dealer owns Camaro5.
It is part of the website group called Enthusiast Alliance, which is mainly a group of large BMW websites.

That being said, it doesn't really matter.
As OA said, two sites with the same enthusiast purpose - Camaros! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both sites are great and important to Camaro enthusiats, no doubt about it.

But to the point, Fbodfather has posted on Camaro5 that they are unafiliated with GM or a Dealer in any way.

I would guess that is all the proof any of us would need.

:thumbsup:

Can't find the post though.....:confused:

·
9,152 Posts
I no longer believe a dealer owns Camaro5.
It is part of the website group called Enthusiast Alliance, which is mainly a group of large BMW websites.

That being said, it doesn't really matter.
As OA said, two sites with the same enthusiast purpose - Camaros! :thumbsup:
:cool:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

wow, you guys actually believe this?
Pardon my immaturity, but seriously. Stop spreading mis-information.
Milk,

Why don't you just state the truth here and say who owns Camaro5 instead of stone walling?

3 Camaro5 mods post here but none of you state anything to clear the air. Actions speak louder than words....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.