Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I noticed that all threads on Camaro5 are down yet again, and several days if not a weeks worth of information has been lost. Can't believe that this is the first post about them going down again, and I'm starting to get sick of the information losses, especially when you sell someone parts & now you can't reach them to give them a tracking # thanks to C5 losing all PM's & thread information. Maybe a rant but I expect a lot better from a car forum. In my 10+ years of visiting car forums I've never seen one where almost a weeks worth of information is just lost as if they never existed. Just wonder how many others there are thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Unfortunately not much else out there other than here. Great site here just not enough new threads or posts frequently.

I'm glad it's not just me, figured not but all I know is it's pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have the most traffic... but not for long if it stays down.

This site is better, just needs more traffic...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed!! It sucks because I'm sure there is a lot of us who made numerous posts and things that were important to us to get info on and etc that is now lost & you'd have to repost there to get the topic going again, but if the site crashes then all of that is lost.

Hope more people from there join here & let's get some good threads & topics going!!!

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The site & sections work fine, but try going into one of the threads. Will throw a white page database error message.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Its funny I noticed a problem and I thought it was my computer. Then I thought let me come over here to see if anyone is posting up here and I see this thread.

Looks like my PMs from pending sales are missing also.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, everything any member there has done since like the 7th or other than between 10-11 am this morning have lost everything they've done there since Sept. 7th or so. I need to get a guy his shipping tracking # but now I can't PM him, and I don't have his email either, so hopefully maybe C5 will be properly restored, but knowing from when it happened the first time last Friday it will not be.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Well I noticed that all threads on Camaro5 are down yet again, and several days if not a weeks worth of information has been lost. Can't believe that this is the first post about them going down again, and I'm starting to get sick of the information losses, especially when you sell someone parts & now you can't reach them to give them a tracking # thanks to C5 losing all PM's & thread information. Maybe a rant but I expect a lot better from a car forum. In my 10+ years of visiting car forums I've never seen one where almost a weeks worth of information is just lost as if they never existed. Just wonder how many others there are thinking the same thing.
Maybe Vintage bombed them with his Mustang stuff :lol: just kidding Vintage

·
Registered
134 Posts
Surely they have backups of their database. Can easily restore from there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last Friday when everything went down there all new posts & threads were lost from Thurs & Friday, and maybe even Wednesday. All of that never returned once the site came back up and Tran posted a sorry message about it. Makes me question posting anything there now, because why take the time to do it when the site may up and crash and what you posted is lost.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like someone has discovered a backdoor or sql vulnerability and is giving them hell. He has a lot of people who dislike him so I'm not too surprised.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
The other site being down directly correlates to the way it's ownership and mods treat the members... if you're a buddy you can get away with anything. If not, you get banned for the slightest infraction.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts