Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We new it would happen.
Nine Ball...The pics you took at Mac Haik, I went by to look today and the CGM is sold and gone. The yellow is there but sold. They had a black V6 with cloth.
I started talking to a salesman as I noticed the "market adjustment" of 6k :mad: Not that I was there to buy... He said that if I want one I better hurry. I told him that I will not pay over MSRP and he said "good luck" I said thanks but I wont need it. That there are quite a few dealers selling at msrp. He said no there isn't, I said yes there is, no there isn't, yes there is. Then he says if there were some for msrp that they would buy them. I laughed. He said the markup was 8k but the window read 6k so he argued that with me also, so I told him to look at the window... :D end rant.

Anyway, I set the drivers seat all the way back and if it would have been a M6 i wouldn't have been able to push the clutch in all the way. I am 6 feet even 215 lbs. But doing that there is absolutely no leg room for the rear seat. Other than that, the cloth was nice, it felt good. I really cant wait till it is my turn to get one.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Another reason I wont buy a GM, as much as I do like the camaro.
U think GM dealers are the only ones that mark up prices on new release cars? How bout the Challengers last year? I saw some as high as 15g over. I dont agree with it by any means and would never pay over sticker for any vehicle, but thats the way it goes for the first batch.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
You see mark-ups on GM, Ford, Chryslers, Nissans...etc whenever a popular model is released.

If A dealer thinks someone will pay it, they will mark it up. Plenty of Chevy dealers across the country selling for MSRP or less. A couple Sponsors here may also be able to point you in the right direction as well.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
You see mark-ups on GM, Ford, Chryslers, Nissans...etc whenever a popular model is released.

If A dealer thinks someone will pay it, they will mark it up. Plenty of Chevy dealers across the country selling for MSRP or less. A couple Sponsors here may also be able to point you in the right direction as well.
x10
Some of you need a reality check.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd put that guy on the do not buy from this dealer list.
6 grand come on..

He can get away with it cause there's lots of fat cats in Houston...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fat cat

I'd put that guy on the do not buy from this dealer list.
6 grand come on..

He can get away with it cause there's lots of fat cats in Houston...
I waited to buy a SSR in 2004 because of the dealer markup , I paid sticker then months later they were knocking off $5k and toward the end of the four year run $12k off. So even if you buy at sticker you'll look like a chump by the guy that wait longer and pays invoice or less. My dealer wouldn't budge on the markup on the Camaro so I used that to get more on my trade, "I pay retail plus for yours you pay retail plus for mine". I'm sure they made good money off my lack of patience.

·
2,774 Posts
fixed..

Another reason I wont buy a Ford, as much as I do like the Mustang.
Another reason I wont buy a Ford, as much as I do like the Shelby.
Another reason I wont buy a Dodge, as much as I do like the Challenger.
Another reason I wont buy a SRT-8 mopar product, as much as I do like the Chrysler.
Another reason I wont buy a Nissan, as much as I do like the 350Z.
Another reason I wont buy a Nissan, as much as I do like the GT-R.
Another reason I wont buy a Toyota, as much as I do like the Prius.
Another reason I wont buy a Toyota, as much as I do like the FJ Cruiser.
Another reason I wont buy a Hyundia, as much as I do like the Genesis Coupe.
Thats why I am a troll.
Let me wake your head up..a dealer is owned by the dealer NOT GM!!! okay they are the ones in charge of these stupid markups..

thats why its called a SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE...so troll all you want..and go find a high end or sought after car that some dealer out there has not marked up in the past..that has gone wrong for the launch of the car and made it a problem for many..like Camaro..

and ohh as I was at my local GM Ford dealer checking out the 5thgen in the showroom..I checked out the new stang in the ford showroom..yea 5K markup..so I guess Ford sucks too????:angry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
it only sucks if you pay the mark up and years down the road lose your pants with the re sale or trade in. If you like the car and are willing to pay good for you. I think a lot of people will complain because they know the situation GM is in and although they want to stay loyal or give them a shot they dont want to be taken to the cleaners. Every dealer is different some good, some not. That aside 2 dealerships near me a Nissan and a Ford (both owned by the same person) are having a 1 dollar over invoice sale on "all models" including 2010. I just hope someone from chevy drives by and picks up the idea. I know wishful thinking till Camaro's are on the lot later in the year.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We new it would happen.
Nine Ball...The pics you took at Mac Haik, I went by to look today and the CGM is sold and gone. The yellow is there but sold. They had a black V6 with cloth.
I started talking to a salesman as I noticed the "market adjustment" of 6k :mad: Not that I was there to buy... He said that if I want one I better hurry. I told him that I will not pay over MSRP and he said "good luck" I said thanks but I wont need it. That there are quite a few dealers selling at msrp. He said no there isn't, I said yes there is, no there isn't, yes there is. Then he says if there were some for msrp that they would buy them. I laughed. He said the markup was 8k but the window read 6k so he argued that with me also, so I told him to look at the window... :D end rant.

Anyway, I set the drivers seat all the way back and if it would have been a M6 i wouldn't have been able to push the clutch in all the way. I am 6 feet even 215 lbs. But doing that there is absolutely no leg room for the rear seat. Other than that, the cloth was nice, it felt good. I really cant wait till it is my turn to get one.
He obviously dose not know about the new Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland. I was told they never sell above MSRP period. They are going to be the best dealer in town once word gets out.
Those salespeople are just ignorant and don't know their competition.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Glad to hear that Classic will honor MSRP. That is good news, after being subjected to Heard/Landmark type dealers who won't deal. I've purchased maybe 10 brand new GM vehicles in the last few years, outside of Houston. Even my '10 Camaro is coming from a Michigan dealer, just like my Z06 did.

To the original poster, that dealership marking things up annoys me too. The guy I spoke with claimed "$4K for V6, $6K for 1SS, $8K for 2SS". I laughed and told him that hundreds of dealers around the country sell at MSRP and he didn't believe me. One-way plane tickets are maybe $150-200. That is the only markup I'd deal with. Fly in, drive home.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It ain't GM...it's the DEALER who's a gouging scumbag.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Glad to hear that Classic will honor MSRP. That is good news, after being subjected to Heard/Landmark type dealers who won't deal. I've purchased maybe 10 brand new GM vehicles in the last few years, outside of Houston. Even my '10 Camaro is coming from a Michigan dealer, just like my Z06 did.

To the original poster, that dealership marking things up annoys me too. The guy I spoke with claimed "$4K for V6, $6K for 1SS, $8K for 2SS". I laughed and told him that hundreds of dealers around the country sell at MSRP and he didn't believe me. One-way plane tickets are maybe $150-200. That is the only markup I'd deal with. Fly in, drive home.

As anyone can see we have no problem going to a dealer in another state. I can't wait to go to local cruise nights with our car and the Classic Plate on the rear. I will gladly tell them why. We have a few friends who fly and drive their new toy home. Do it you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are thousands of Chevy dealers in the U.S. I you go to one and they are marking up the price on a Camaro or any car, just go to another one that isn't. The Camaro is not a limited production vehicle by any means. It is only limited now because they only make about 300-400 a day. There will be no Camaro shortage. There is no need to pay over the MSRP. Patience!!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
There are thousands of Chevy dealers in the U.S. I you go to one and they are marking up the price on a Camaro or any car, just go to another one that isn't. The Camaro is not a limited production vehicle by any means. It is only limited now because they only make about 300-400 a day. There will be no Camaro shortage. There is no need to pay over the MSRP. Patience!!
I cant wait I cant wait!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts