Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know now the Weight of the Camaro. I think we can all agree besides it looks awsome and that we are getting 422/400 hp engines the car is a little heavy probably because of the IRS I would imagine.
Now that we know Challenger is a Rock and Camaro is a few pounds behind it wonder what mustang is going to do with there weight ?
That would suck if they put a car on the road 400lbs less with around the same hp.
Wonder if GM knows already the info about mustang so we wont be left in the dust ?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Even with a 400 lb deficit I wouldn't discount the SS's potential to eat horse. Torque and gearing (rearend and tranny) make a huge difference in comparably equipped vehicles horsepower wise.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Even with a 400 lb deficit I wouldn't discount the SS's potential to eat horse. Torque and gearing (rearend and tranny) make a huge difference in comparably equipped vehicles horsepower wise.
amen
the way it makes power is a pretty good factor
and the rear end(depends what kinda tranny you have)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered an automatic for just that reason... planning on a Turbo don't wanta deal with LAG in between shifts,Plan on getting after sum of these Hellion powered Cobras running around...........pshhha...sorry if I got off topic a little bit!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought the Camaro's weight was a bit dissappointing, given it is quite a bit smaller than a G8 Gt to only be about 25kgs less is a bit poor really - oh well at least they saved 300lbs by using a b pillar?? Yeah right :screwy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts