Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the GM splash guards "ruining" the body lines? look tacky?

I think its a great mod idea but dont like the look...

can any of the awesome venders on here create some?
maybe similar to that of the corvette?

I dont thnk it would be a difficult mod to create and there would be a great market for it... id buy em...

does anyone know if the corvette guards fit?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
:lol:those arent splash guards. those are for down force/aerodynamics for the corvette z06.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I bet they still deflect rocks & crap from chiping up your fenders though, the Camaro ones do look tacky IMO. They look worse in pics, I saw dragom's in Indiana and they did not look bad. I dont know if that is because of the yelow or not, but it looked better that what I had envisioned when I saw them on the GM site.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I decided to put ours on finally. After looking at pictures, I wasn't sure. So I stuck them in place with tape first to get an idea, and as cigam says, they didn't look that hideous in person. Granted, they could have done a better job, but I can't see how any other mudflap would even work, especially in the rear. Plus, the lighter color doesn't hurt. It did help cut down on the crap slung up on the side of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since mine is brand new, I was already shopping for upgrades to prevent long term damage. The "flairs" a.k.a. mud flaps were on my short list. I too had an issue with their looks from pictures and the fact they don't have blue paint colors. I was thinking of ordering the black. What is the general concensus on these things? Do most owners not put them on?

TIA,
Dane

·
Registered
299 Posts
Given the low quality paint job on the Camaros the splash guards are a must.

I went 4 months without them but bit the bullet once I saw 2 nicks in the pain behind the back wheel.

I've grown to like my splash guards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the blacks are painted or flat plastic color?

TIA

Dane

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i'd like to have some downforce/aerodynamic flaps on mine, if they looked more like the vette version :D

no nicks behind my wheels! i kept it in the garage when we had sand on the roads and i steer clear of all construction areas.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i'd like to have some downforce/aerodynamic flaps on mine, if they looked more like the vette version :D

no nicks behind my wheels! i kept it in the garage when we had sand on the roads and i steer clear of all construction areas.
right there with you. no snow driving or dirt roads.

and no way in HELL ..would you see mud flaps on my car. its not a truck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
No matter how careful you are, if you drive it, they will come (the rock chips). I guarantee it.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Unless you are buying the car to take to car shows or to resell as pristine at some future date, why not just drive it and enjoy it? As someone mentioned, cars can be repainted....Just drive and have fun! I'm getting the black and looking at the pathetic conditions of the roads around me, I'm expecting minor scratches, etc. from rocks and other crap--but that won't deter me from driving it in any condition! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Unless you are buying the car to take to car shows or to resell as pristine at some future date, why not just drive it and enjoy it? As someone mentioned, cars can be repainted....Just drive and have fun! I'm getting the black and looking at the pathetic conditions of the roads around me, I'm expecting minor scratches, etc. from rocks and other crap--but that won't deter me from driving it in any condition! :thumbsup:
:agree:

i figured i would just touch up any rock chips every other year since i don't drive it that often. but i'm not buying touch up paint until that time comes, that stuff DOES have an expiration date :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
get the clear 3m bra put on the car. its already on certain spots on the rear , just get biggersections of it put on. wont even notice it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts