Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Future Buicks can play with Lexus if they like but why?

GM needs a doesn't play well with others mentality. Build the car with good quality parts and reliability wrapped in a well designed package. Buick has been doing that well already.

Lexus cars are also RWD with the exception of the ES. Something for Buick to think about.

A small sporty American themed car to take on the Lexus IS and BMW 1 and 3 series cars is what GM needs to think about. Don't drag it out, get a design on the board and make it happen.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I was thinking something a little smaller. A small RWD entry level sport/luxury car about the size of the G6.

Zeta is aimed squarely at the BMW 5 Series in Pontiac's marketing and is also more like Lexus LS and GS in size. Although it will much cheaper than any of the before mentioned.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I like the Buick Velite concept on the Zeta. I am sure if Buick gets a Zeta 4 door it will be nice too.

heres a lexus vert

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I was thinking something a little smaller. A small RWD entry level sport/luxury car about the size of the G6.

Zeta is aimed squarely at the BMW 5 Series in Pontiac's marketing and is also more like Lexus LS and GS in size. Although it will much cheaper than any of the before mentioned.
The G6 is suppost to be going RWD in a few years, too.

I miss the days of the Roadmaster.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I saw a Roadmaster over the weekend and commented how I wish I had one for family outings.

The wife thought I was nuts. LOL

I did hear the G6 is going RWD. I think Buick or Caddy needs an entry level Sport/luxury car for people who can't make that leap to a $40k+ car.

I'm thinking a totally new and fresh design not a V6 caddy light either.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Buick is targeting Lexus.
And with new products like Lucerne and Enclave, they're bettering Lexus!

Cadillac isn't targeting anyone, because their aim is to again be the standard of the world... and they're getting closer to that reality every day. :)

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Buick is targeting Lexus.
And with new products like Lucerne and Enclave, they're bettering Lexus!

Cadillac isn't targeting anyone, because their aim is to again be the standard of the world... and they're getting closer to that reality every day. :)
The Buick car designs are still a little stale. IMO I just want to see something that GM has being missing in the line up. Buick quality has been outstanding.

Cadillac has climbed back up from their laughable 80s. They still have a ways to go.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I agree there, Buick has a ways to go, but the Lucerne is a very high-quality vehicle as is the Enclave.
And the design of the Enclave is a homerun, that will steal some RX sales for sure.

Both Buick & Cadillac know that they have more work to do, but they're certianly on the right track at turning themselves around.... as is the rest of GM to a large extent.

·
5,668 Posts

The new G6 is on the Alpha platform and the 2008 Buick Excelle is on the Alpha. Is the Excelle for the US market?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
5,668 Posts
Wow, that's the first I've seen a car on the Alpha chassis.

So Alpha ia RWD?
Aren't the current versions of the Buick Excelle and it's sister cars FWD?
That car I may not be the one I thougt it was but I am pretty sure Alpha is RWD.
I know this one is front wheel drive and it may be the same as that Buick
I think that car is for overseas as well as this one the Cadillac BLS

1 - 20 of 34 Posts