Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
If someone can't live off of 90k ANYWHERE in this country and that includes California and New York I would recommend budgeting advisor..

I don't mean that in a harsh way, all respect....my fiances father is into finance and budgeting and being a cop I took some of his advice and getting on a systematic management plan really helps. But seriously...90k?...come on

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
certain areas of VA are very expensive to live.....but if u can pull it off doit its really nice there.....its prolly about the same as AZ....well depends where in AZ my folks winter place is in Sedona and its **** expensive there...so i dunno.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If someone can't live off of 90k ANYWHERE in this country and that includes California and New York I would recommend budgeting advisor..

I don't mean that in a harsh way, all respect....my fiances father is into finance and budgeting and being a cop I took some of his advice and getting on a systematic management plan really helps. But seriously...90k?...come on

thats what i thought on the 90k....the average family here in Mi makes around 30k a year and thats owning a house,two cars and having 1 and a half kids.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup. We would probably live in the Fredericksburg area (which has a much lower median income), but the even though the income standard is lower, the housing isn't really.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Average household income in Arlington is $116K
wow...guess you should ask for more $$.:D

my .02...If you're planning on renting a place to live, I'd look at craigslist and see what rentals are going for. If you'll be buying check on realtor.com and see what the prices are and more importantly what the taxes are. Those are going to be your biggest expenses...you can compare them to where you are now to get an idea of how much more expensive it is over where you are now.

I would think $90k wouldn't be a problem, but it also depends on what kind of debt (in any) you're bringing with you.

good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't know, when my job was being sent to the DC area, we looked at the housing prices and for what I paid for my house in Indiana, I wasn't comfortable with the decision to move. I would suggest that you ask the company to fly you out for a couple of days and let you look at the housing market, schools, and other things that will affect your everyday life. Visit a grocery store, etc. and see what prices are like. Good luck with your decision.

The big factor for you was the standard of living we wanted. For us to move we would not have been able to have the same standard in Maryland. i.e. I would not have been able to purchase the same type of home I own now without selling everything I owned, including a kidney on eBay. :lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My father was offered 90k to move and work in New York a couple years ago. Turned it down because the cost of living is like..twice of what it is here.
yeah...it's way too effin expensive to live here. the property/school taxes SUCK ass (for homeowners).

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts