Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to program names into the stereo so when I get a call from my phone over bluetooth its shows their name instead of just a number. Sometimes I don't want to answer for certain people but I have to pull my phone out to find out who's calling.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to program names into the stereo so when I get a call from my phone over bluetooth its shows their name instead of just a number. Sometimes I don't want to answer for certain people but I have to pull my phone out to find out who's calling.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I don't believe that's possible, but they do show up on the cellphone :)

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I classify the people in my cell phone by ringtone pretty much

·
Registered
262 Posts
n/m
:confused:
DJ

OK ... unconfused now ... I just called my cell from my landline and it says the nametag (by voice eg: "You have an incoming call from <insert your voice saying the name of the number owner>") if it's in yer list. It shows just the number on the display.

Don't remember how I made the list right now but it's in the book cause that's where I found it.

HTH

DJ

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm. that would be very nice if you could just bluetooth your phone book to the radio and have the names show up. it wouldn't even be that hard to program, they just have to do it! with GM had thought about that ahead of time!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I think how he is trying to put it, is, you need to spend some time in the car and use the voice prompt system to set up names to be associated with the numbers. Then the car will say, " incoming call from <that person's name>" and it will display the number on the radio face.

That's how it works in mine.

To do this you need to use the "voice control/answer/hang-up" buttons on the steering wheel and it will guide you thru the process. Look in your manual as you need to use a specific word to start this task (I think is is "store number") and you can store the numbers and name tags thru the voice control system.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry ... posted last night after the second margarita. :eek:

Listen to hypurone ... he got it right
Lol.. friends don't let friends drink and post tech support! Now bring those margaritas to my place so I can NOT let you post stuff! :lol:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I think how he is trying to put it, is, you need to spend some time in the car and use the voice prompt system to set up names to be associated with the numbers. Then the car will say, " incoming call from <that person's name>" and it will display the number on the radio face.

That's how it works in mine.

To do this you need to use the "voice control/answer/hang-up" buttons on the steering wheel and it will guide you thru the process. Look in your manual as you need to use a specific word to start this task (I think is is "store number") and you can store the numbers and name tags thru the voice control system.
Good to know, thanks for that informative reply. I personally don't like the sound of my own voice on the voice-mail, much less from my car, which honestly should sound cooler than that. :lol: I want my car's "voice" to be like GLaDOS from the Portal game. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lol.. friends don't let friends drink and post tech support! Now bring those margaritas to my place so I can NOT let you post stuff! :lol:
I'm in Portland right now but go (read: leave my money) to Vegas about once a year.

Watch for a bitchin' black Camaro pulling up to the Mirage.

I know it's old but we like it. The hotel that is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Portland right now but go (read: leave my money) to Vegas about once a year.

Watch for a bitchin' black Camaro pulling up to the Mirage.

I know it's old but we like it. The hotel that is.
Nice, Theres nothing wrong with the Mirage. Its starting to get a little more updated now. Well I hope to pass you up on the strip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts