Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any theories on how much added power the SS can take without having to do some costly modifications? (new tranny, rear end, forged pistons, ect...)

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I'm not too sure about the exact power limitations of the LS3, but here's a great article that makes me think a 150 shot of nitrous or 8 psi of boost would net a very substantial/ safe gain on the stock internals.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
We don't know about the drive line yet. I know that the APS TT LS3 Corvetes run 10.5 psi in the mid range and trim back to 9 psi near redline. The result was well north of 625 RWHP.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The biggest limiter will be the axles if anything like the GTO. The engine will take bolt ons + an adder no prob.
either get a GM 12 BOLT OR A FORD 9 INCHER:D:rotflmao:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Twin Turbo G8 GT is making ~730 RWHP and has made a handful of track passes on a stock 6 Speed Auto trans without any failures so far. We have upgraded the drive shaft and It has a higher stall converter. This car is also daily driven :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
oh the new 5th gen will take it and it will love it.....and beg for more.
You speaking of the 5thgen or yourself ?
You scare me ;) :lol:

Our Twin Turbo G8 GT is making ~730 RWHP and has made a handful of track passes on a stock 6 Speed Auto trans without any failures so far. We have upgraded the drive shaft and It has a higher stall converter. This car is also daily driven :D
Atleast we know those " wussie automatics " Can take the Heat :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Nice what times are you hitting?

·
8,984 Posts
Be sure you lube up first (and turn the engine off).

:poke::nutkick::rotflmao:
Wow, this thread has really taken a turn.

Are these identical twins or inline....specs would be great....

·
Registered
7 Posts
730whp sure is nice but what kind of TQ numbers are you running. Im running the same 6L80e in my 07 vette and most 6L's on the corvette forum are blowing up with anything more then 550(why Ive limited my wtq to 518). I know RPM Transmissions is working on a built 6L80e for about 3k bucks, and last I saw on the corvette forums was a chick using a prototype trying to push 1k+ whp through a built TT motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts