Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
My understanding is that by the time the car makes production (if it receives the "Go ahead"), it will have a different engine than the LS2, so who knows.

But be assured. It will always be less than the Corvette so as not to "step on the toes of Vette owners." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats Why Im guessing 4.4-4.5 cause its gotta b slower then a vette but yet compete with a charger/challenger which put out nice numbers :)........But Vettes are Insane Cars!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Dont think Dodge Is going to let chevrolet walk all over there v10 beast. I love corvettes but dodge can do minor things 2 there Viper to smoke the Z06 i hope the z06 can keep out performing the viper but its really doubtfull i say Gm should make a v10 :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not likely. The Corvette will always be a higher HP than the Camaro. With some tuning/modding the Camaro will reach it easily (and these engines are easy to mod). I just recently got out of a Vette, and know what nice cars they are, but they have a different target segment, and part of maintaining that segment is having the highest HP in the Chevy line out of the factory. It is priced for that, and they are not going to have a lower cost car with equal numbers (even though with the same HP the Vette would likely be faster in times due to its light weight).

·
Registered
861 Posts
good answer it is very true that even if the cars had the same horsepower the camaro would be a little slower from the factory. But like he said with some mods it could be really close!

·
Registered
861 Posts
it should the challanger based on concept weight was heavier than the camaro and the camaro will most likely get an ls-7 which wi make up for the few less ponies under the hood on the concept cars

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
From what I've gathered concerning the Challenger, it will be a limited production vehicle, and I believe have the 425hp Hemi. I've also heard that's it's actually longer, and taller than the 300C. :eek:

My guess is, a new Camaro with the smaller V8 may give it a run for it's money, but come up just short. Now, that's not to say there won't possibly be a higher performance Camaro down the road to do battle with the Challenger and Shelby. ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts