Modern Camaro Forums banner

Can you help this kitten?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lackomotorsportsllc 
#1 ·

His name is Fluffy. He is about 6 months old and at only 4.5 pounds, he's a little guy! He was found outside about a month ago by an elderly couple. They were intending on keeping him, but the wife is diabetic and suffering from alzheimers and their daughter wouldn't allow it.

Fluffy is FIV positive so ideally, shouldn't be with any other kitties unless they too have FIV. http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/fiv.html He is current on the necessary vaccines (he will need one more fvrcp booster) and has been dewormed. He isn't neutered yet, but could potentially be neutered at no charge to the adoptive owners.

He was treated for an ear infection, fleas, ear mites, and is finishing antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. He should be tested for FIV in 6 months or so, as he could potentially test negative! Sometimes, the FIV results are false positive. We have to wait a while before retesting though.

He's very sweet; affectionate and playful.

As always, I'd appreciate if ya pass the word! Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
My prayers are with him to find a loving home. I'd take him, but I'm full up with cats already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.