Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three emails and Customer Service promising to have someone call me for the last week I cancelled my order. My signature says it all. No more GM's in my live time again.

Good luck to all pre-orders who are daily getting screwed and cannot find out anything from the poor excuse of a customer service department.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. I wish you could have help out, I knwo it would have been worth it when you actually DID get your car.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Per Scott Settlemire you were probably going to see your car at the end of this month.

You waited this long and couldn't wait just a few more weeks?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
lastnight scott said a lot of cars are at 3300 and you will wake up tomorrow or one day soon and you will jump to is it 3800 ? either way yall will jump like no other. A LOT OF CARS HE SAID

·
Registered
395 Posts
lastnight scott said a lot of cars are at 3300 and you will wake up tomorrow or one day soon and you will jump to is it 3800 ? either way yall will jump like no other. A LOT OF CARS HE SAID
well thats good to hear, I just want mine to jump off of 1100 :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
:fluffy:Ok, I am getting excited again... Just when I had resigned to possibly "3 months" for the new bumper/paint issue I heard about.... Oh goody, :fluffy:goody, :fluffy:goody!!!:fluffy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I could have waited and waiting was not my reason for cancelling.
I took the time to email Customer Service and I have three emails back giving me a Customer Service rep's name who was suppose to be calling me. But nothing. I called her with the direct number that they gave me and nothing again. I asked that if there was a problem with the v-6 manual transmission could they give my dealer the okay to change my order and nothing again.
I had a TPW of 5/4 and nothing again. A returned call would have resolved this issue. I ordered first at my dealership and was first to go in and I am seeing 10k cars made and I cannot get a call back from them. Would it have been too hard to say yes you can change your order to an automatic or to say anything at all? Sorry everyone but this was unacceptable.

Good luck to all who is waiting and I wish you the best.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Oh well...some people are just too impatient. I'm sure someone else will enjoy your car. No one has good customer service...Have you ever tried calling your cable or phone company? Are you going to stop watching TV and using your phone because their cust service sucks? Sadly, it's the way the world is these days. I agree that we should be entitled to a little better communication...but you have to take a step back and appreciate what they are up against right now and what they are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't care how long it takes. I will never have anything except GM. I've owned the other SOB's and had to many problems. The General products are the best. Ordered 1/19/09 and it's at 3300 now. The dealer says July.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange black interior, black rally stripes. MXO trans

·
Registered
65 Posts
Everyone I know has horror stories about one Car Company or another. I’ve heard just as many bad stories about GM as I have with Ford, Chrysler, and the foreign cars. Some people are die-hard fans of their product and good for them. You wont sway them with any comment or article. I think you have to do what you think is right or you’ll always second-guess yourself. In a year down the road when these cars are selling for invoice and 10 deep in the dealer lots maybe you’ll get the itch again. Some people have the fever and have to have it now which is understandable it’s the new kid on the block and a beautiful car. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think GM shouldn't have taken pre-orders so early. I know it was to predict demand in general and on different packages, but I still think they coulda predicted well enough, and if people would have been able to order say in feb the wait wouldn't have been as long at this point. people are counting from oct to now when since production didnt start till march it's really been since then in the production sense. Don't get me wrong, they are doing a bad communication job, or at least a lot of dealers are since the sponsors seem to get this info out to us quick (thanks guys), but I think a later pre order date might have helped a bit.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The OP needs to update his sig with the latest status....

just watch, it'll show up at the dealership next week.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yesterday morning my car showed on the dealer screen as 3400 with no TPW. According to Orderworkbench as of today it's been built, bayed, and is awaiting transport. So things ARE moving .. those who haven't given up, please don't. And yes, I ordered back in October so I know what waiting is.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yesterday morning my car showed on the dealer screen as 3400 with no TPW. According to Orderworkbench as of today it's been built, bayed, and is awaiting transport. So things ARE moving .. those who haven't given up, please don't.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I think the reason that TPW's aren't out there anymore is that their updates are slower than a DMV line. So what the system shows is far behind (in some cases) what the actual car status happens to be. So when GM customer service has no idea what's going on, the best thing to do is keep their mouths shut. It wouldn't surprise me, for example, if a car is being dropped off on the lot just as the dealer is looking at the status saying 3400 or something.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope in the future you will re-think your decision and submit your order and enjoy the thrill of driving a new Camaro. Every customer is important , but i understand your frustration . Best Regards

Super6

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.