Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing the 09 Camaro and everyday I am debating on which color I should get it in. i either want to go with the Bumblebee colorway or a pearl black. Can someone please help me out because I am debating this decision with myself everyday.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
No, the color palette has not been announced yet, but we do know that Black, Silver, and Victory Red will be among the 10 colors on the initial palette.

I think picking the color is going to be one of the hardest decisions... at least it will be for me!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Jinx Blue, Voodoo Blue, Impulse Blue Metallic, Electric Blue Metaliic, Jetstream Blue, Stryker Blue Metallic, and Lemans Blue.

Ill work down from that list to pick one. If None of those are available I will have some more thinking to do. If those Blues or something like those hues are not avaiable I may do a Hot White, Pearl White, or a Imperial Blue Metallic. If not those then...... anything besides pewter and yellow. If a emerald green makes a surprise appearance it will be heavily considered. I need a good luck charm in my driveway.

EDIT: Here is the color I hope to be in the options for the Camaro. Its a GM color, I hope they use it. Its badass.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'll have to see the colors on the car before I could made a decision.

I went to buy a certain colored car and bought a different color instead once I saw it in person. I agree that color selection will be more difficult than selecting options.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'm hoping it's most of the same colors as offered on the Vette, because I want Atomic Orange.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing the 09 Camaro and everyday I am debating on which color I should get it in. i either want to go with the Bumblebee colorway or a pearl black. Can someone please help me out because I am debating this decision with myself everyday.
you should base your decision on where the car is going to be parked the most. if you don't have a garage, i wouldn't recommend a black car or any dark colored car. just cause they are impossible to keep clean if sitting outside the whole time. i've had 3 black cars, but i've always had a garage to park in. if i didn't, then i'd choose i lighter color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought the Bumblebee color was way to expensive for a production car. ($10000) Are we assuming there will be something close, other than plain yellow? After seeing Bumblebee in real life he is far from "plain yellow."

·
Registered
25 Posts
While I like the bumblebee look on Bumblebee, I'm worried it will be too common once the cars come out and the masses start buying V6's and want them to look like Bumblebee. Most people probably wouldn't care, but that's something that bugs me.

I'm leaning heavily towards Black with Silver stripes, myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While I like the bumblebee look on Bumblebee, I'm worried it will be too common once the cars come out and the masses start buying V6's and want them to look like Bumblebee. Most people probably wouldn't care, but that's something that bugs me.

I'm leaning heavily towards Black with Silver stripes, myself.
That's exactly what I'm thinking! That's the only reason why I'm hesitating with that paint job. I really don't wanna get a color thats going to be extremely common on the road like most of the mustangs you see on the road all the time which gets very annoying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, I don't know what it is with me personally, but whenever I think of the black camaro I think of soo many things to do with it in terms of customizations, rims, cosmetics, interior, upgrades ect. but I don't feel the same way about BumbleBee. BumbleBee looks great as it is and just wouldn't feel the same with the things you would put in a Camaro with a solid color Its may sound crazy but its hard to explain but maybe you know how I feel

·
Registered
349 Posts
I thought the Bumblebee color was way to expensive for a production car. ($10000) Are we assuming there will be something close, other than plain yellow? After seeing Bumblebee in real life he is far from "plain yellow."
Yes, you are right. It's actually a very deep pearl type color. I'm actually keeping my mind open until I actually see what they are offering a 'Bumblebee' color. Even though the original BB color costs a lot, there still are some very nice standard colors GM could use instead. I've seen some really nice colors on other cars on the road these days that would look good as a BB color (give or take a few shades of yellow).

sean

·
Registered
349 Posts
I honeslty don't think it (Bumblebee color) will be as common as some may think. I think it will be in demand through out the country, but in the end, you may be the only one around your county or city with it. I still think it will be a smaller targeted market than the other popular colors. Keep in mind that thill most likely have to be a special order car. A lot more of the common colors will be sold off the lot in the end.

I think the poll at the top of this forum proves that:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3209

Popular yes, the most popular? Far from it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts