Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAN...I wish they would hurry up and build the thing......So I can smoke it w/my Mustang GT....Chevy once again chasing the Mustang.....It started in 1967 now 2008....I jump ship in 1984 My SS was my last GM product that I will ever own....It fell apart @85,000 mi.Built 383 strocker after the 305 went south along w/2 trans...It was fun for awhile till every other part of the car was falling off....They just don't build them like they use 2 ....Hope they get it right 4 you guys...:gr_patriot:

·
Registered
742 Posts
well man, i hate to say it, but ur mustang GT gets smoked by my grand prix ( aka grand ma's car). new or old, if you are running mid 12's ur being owned by a lil 6 cylinder. u mustang fans only target camaro's it's sad really, because us camaro ppl try and tackles something worth our wild like a z06 or viper.

p.s unless u have the latest gen mustang, stock they run lower 14's, which in my book is sad. and the new ones run mid 13's stock, still sad in my book. so good luck with ur mustang MAX, because you guys are always chasing GM power.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guy's seriousely... ask yourself if the Camaro would have been built if the Mustang wasn't?

NO!!! the vette was doing fine in sales. But Blue Oval found an untapped market. So GM followed.

Die hards hate the stang! That is ignorance in itself!

Seriousely who in their right mind wouldn't want a Elenor clone or a 60's GT500. ADMIT IT!

Anyway, GM falls behind, but they built a better vehicle with more power, better gas mileage and displacement. Ford was notoriouse for crap wiring!

My 1988 IROC has 200K plus miles on the engine and 189K plus miles on the original Trans. Rebuilt then.
That's on a little'ole 305 TPI. I did the maintenance and that's probably why. :) 1984 didn't have an SS, or you weren't very descriptive on what SS you owned.

---

GM's 5.7L LS1 to the Ford 4.6L. The 4.6 is a Huge Engine, It's heavy, The technology in it is pointless. Cause it get's like 18-20MPG real Miles if you are lucky...ridiculess.

I get 23-26MPG on the Highway out of my Stock 99 Trans Am and it still runs better tracktimes that the new stock GT.

That is engineeing for ya! Ford had its hay days and so did GM. GM just happened to have more and make better decisions.

Point is don't hate! Appreciate each other, respect each other and live together in a competative nature as GM rivals Ford.
GM likes the fact that Ford has the Mustang and all it's other products that it can compete with!

·
Registered
170 Posts
People Always Point Out That GM Stopped Making Camaros. Well
Gm Stoped Making Vettes A few Times Does That Meam It Was A Bad Product? No. Just Because They Stopped making A Car Doesnt Mean It Was Crap. And On Another Note Mustangs Arent That Great. I mean You Call Thsi A Muscle Car... http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/74-78/BlueGhia_small.jpg

·
Registered
742 Posts
no doubt, ford had a handful of sucessful cars, but this max is the one who came onto our camaro website and talk down the camaro. im not a ford fan will be at all, but sometimes ford does do good things, but they also are underpowered by GM

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, ain't no way a Mustang GT is gonna spank a new Camaro stock for stock.
Hopefully they have some better powerplant in store for the 2009 Mustang, else it's gonna be in the Camaro's dust just like the past 15 years.
Heck, a NEW 2008 Mustang GT will still lose to a 10-year-old 1998 Camaro Z28. TEN YEARS and they haven't caught up yet.

Shoot, in 99 when I had a V6 Camaro, I routinely beat on Mustang GTs.
Now THAT was funny. :lol:

·
8,984 Posts
Wow, his mom left the computer logged on, went to grab a Rock from her pimp and he actually got to use the computer before Pimp Daddy came home.

What a uninformed joke!

Everytime, but once when Motor Trend did a comparo between the two, the Camaro BEAT Ford's best offering.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
OK I dont like stangs....do i respect them... i have more respect for the newer ones then i did for the 90's and early 00's ... the way GM has been building vehicles latley the camaro is gonna tip-top **** here..... i drove a 2007 Yukon..it felt so much better then last gen .... gm has switched there ways... there stuff isint ok....its awesome quality so my guess is that the Camaro is gonna b a knock out for everybody looks amazing...it will be the mustang smoker....and the quality will be there :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Yeah, ain't no way a Mustang GT is gonna spank a new Camaro stock for stock.
Hopefully they have some better powerplant in store for the 2009 Mustang, else it's gonna be in the Camaro's dust just like the past 15 years.
Heck, a NEW 2008 Mustang GT will still lose to a 10-year-old 1998 Camaro Z28. TEN YEARS and they haven't caught up yet.

Shoot, in 99 when I had a V6 Camaro, I routinely beat on Mustang GTs.
Now THAT was funny. :lol:
:lol: Yeah GM just quit making the Camaro so that Ford could have some time to catch up. Its kinda like when your playing a racing video game and your running around the track racing a friend and that friend (Ford) is falling behind and then it gets kinda boring so you (Chevy) stop and let them catch up so you can race again.:lol:

·
8,984 Posts
I totally agree.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Seriously though, I have to admit as far as how GM does business is:
GM = Conservative
and
FORD = Bold

On one hand its a bad thing because ford brings things out first but on the other hand its a good thing because they can learn from Ford's mistakes and see how to improve, but IMO they could move a little faster than they do on things.

I guess it kinda works out for me as I am conservative myself and like to sit back and wait awile before I pick a car because I want to get it right the first time when buying a car.

I do beleive there products are improving a lot lately though and can compete with foreign cars now for people who will buy either foreign or domestic.

I myself would buy any car that suits my needs in a car whether it be racing, towing, or family cars. I don't care who makes it but so far I have decided in the end to stay with GM exept 1 time when they quit making the Camaro I did buy a Mustang but I was disipointed in it so I traded it for an older Camaro. I have looked at foreign cars but never decided I liked enough to purchase one.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Wow was it april fools and I missed it? I think we got our first troll :mad: . Doubt he posts anything else. He OBVIOUSLY knows nothing about cars or he would have known No mustang GT would smoke a LS Camaro much less the new one. Even with a new GT its a drivers race. And seeing how his post reads something akin to a 4th grader's book report I venture to guess he has either a serious mental illness or does not even own a car. Props to ya Max hope to see your "GT" on the track so I can give ya the blinker. Bring your GT and some cash I'll take them both from ya.

In 84 the only SS there was available was the Monte Carlo so thats probably what he was talking about but falling apart at 85k? OK I have a bridge I'll sell ya. 383 you say that was junk? Probably because you and your inbred buddies put it together with silly putty.

·
8,984 Posts
Wow was it april fools and I missed it? I think we got our first troll :mad: . Doubt he posts anything else. He OBVIOUSLY knows nothing about cars or he would have known No mustang GT would smoke a LS Camaro much less the new one. Even with a new GT its a drivers race. And seeing how his post reads something akin to a 4th grader's book report I venture to guess he has either a serious mental illness or does not even own a car. Props to ya Max hope to see your "GT" on the track so I can give ya the blinker. Bring your GT and some cash I'll take them both from ya.

In 84 the only SS there was available was the Monte Carlo so thats probably what he was talking about but falling apart at 85k? OK I have a bridge I'll sell ya. 383 you say that was junk? Probably because you and your inbred buddies put it together with silly putty.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotflmao:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts