Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
101234 is the highest VIN on record so far, according to the VINs spreadsheet. :)
I am MOVING to Moreno Valley this weekend...the Dealer there has some 38 of 56 Camaros built for California! I wonder who's hindquarters they kissed to get such a hugh allocation up front... (every other destination in California has just 1-3 built so far) :eek: They are on the very fringe of the "Inland Empire" region outside of Los Angeles...they must have Union 76 stations selling 104 octane racing fuel or something to attract folks... :confused: (Google Map their address...they appear to be just a 1/2 acre west of farm land!!)

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
As of today's updated spreadsheet, the Moreno Valley Dealership is up to 55 of 76 Camaros heading to California in the first 2 weeks of Production...very perplexing how soooooooooo many are going to a single Dealership...one can only wonder how many total allocations they have... :confused:

P.S. If the max VIN #s are accurate, looks like they are squirting out up to 200/day now... :canada: :notworthy:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
As of today's updated spreadsheet, the Moreno Valley Dealership is up to 55 of 76 Camaros heading to California in the first 2 weeks of Production...very perplexing how soooooooooo many are going to a single Dealership...one can only wonder how many total allocations they have... :confused:

P.S. If the max VIN #s are accurate, looks like they are squirting out up to 200/day now... :canada: :notworthy:
Squirting out? hmmmm can u use something more...i dunno mannish? lol

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
But are they still making 99.5% V-8s last i looked they only had like 5 out of 1050 V-6s thats crazy..... I know I know that 80% pre-order was for V-8s but come on they could make atleast 20% of them V-6s :angry:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts

AVIS rental cars. Sucks they're being made along with pre-orders but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Avis is going to rent SS Camaros?? :lol: I hope they dont have tracks too far from the rental lots. Therll be more than one coming home on roll-backs , still smoking out of the fenders wells.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Avis is going to rent SS Camaros?? :lol: I hope they dont have tracks too far from the rental lots. Therll be more than one coming home on roll-backs , still smoking out of the fenders wells.
I wonder if they changed the wheel/tire configuration for them. To have high performance, UNIDIRECTIONAL, not to mention different size F-R rims and tires on rental cars would be insane. I'd bet they're set up completely different. It'll be interesting to find out.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would bet on the rentals being LS or 1LT cars.
Look at the list. They're all 2SS automatics and NONE are listed as R6P "early order activity" vehicles.

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
C5 member(s).

one is at:
http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/

the other is at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~heinzd01/Camaro/2010_Camaro_VINS.xls

^^ but that one's down because he exceeded his bandwidth :lol:

In either case, the two guys work together to make sure their lists are consistent with each other.

I just don't understand what is wrong with the V-6s i have only seen 6 out of 1722 i thought all constraints were off the V-6s. Also why are people that didnt order until Jan,& Feb getting their orders pulled before us that ordered in Oct? While im venting why is Avis getting cars before the consumers (i don't care if they ordered 100) They have 63 already built for them, they should be the last to get them. Sorry for venting but it makes me mad:angry: and confused:confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just don't understand what is wrong with the V-6s i have only seen 6 out of 1722 i thought all constraints were off the V-6s. Also why are people that didnt order until Jan,& Feb getting their orders pulled before us that ordered in Oct? While im venting why is Avis getting cars before the consumers (i don't care if they ordered 100) They have 63 already built for them, they should be the last to get them. Sorry for venting but it makes me mad:angry: and confused:confused:
"We" assume the dealer V6's are being made and since they can't be ordered and are simply "assigned" one to each dealer, that the system doesn't show them as it normally would. Now that the V6 constraint has been lifted, keep in mind it's been at least two weeks from the time any car was "pulled" to the time it was built. The V6 constraint was only lifted last week.

As far as "first come, first served" line of thought, while I agree with you, it's just not the way it is. The date you ordered means NOTHING. Where you are in line at your dealer and how many TOTAL cars he got is the only important thing. Someone could walk into a dealership tomorrow morning which has ordered none but has 10 allocations and have their car long before someone who ordered in November and is #10 of 10. Just the way it is.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Last time i talked to my dealer he only had 3 pre-orders and 6 retail orders and i think i was the first to pre-order. They already have one of their retail order built #1004 a V-8. (He said he would not pre-order anyone a V-8 (don't ask me why) so i know it must be a retail sale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found out from my dealer on friday that my car was pulled from production because the hust shifter was ordered with this car, anyone else with information about this?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts