Modern Camaro Forums banner

Car Count?

5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  BamaGerman 
#1 ·
How many have been made so far? Highest VIN number?

#4 ·
I am MOVING to Moreno Valley this weekend...the Dealer there has some 38 of 56 Camaros built for California! I wonder who's hindquarters they kissed to get such a hugh allocation up front... (every other destination in California has just 1-3 built so far) :eek: They are on the very fringe of the "Inland Empire" region outside of Los Angeles...they must have Union 76 stations selling 104 octane racing fuel or something to attract folks... :confused: (Google Map their address...they appear to be just a 1/2 acre west of farm land!!)

#5 · (Edited)
As of today's updated spreadsheet, the Moreno Valley Dealership is up to 55 of 76 Camaros heading to California in the first 2 weeks of Production...very perplexing how soooooooooo many are going to a single Dealership...one can only wonder how many total allocations they have... :confused:

P.S. If the max VIN #s are accurate, looks like they are squirting out up to 200/day now... :canada: :notworthy:

#7 ·
But are they still making 99.5% V-8s last i looked they only had like 5 out of 1050 V-6s thats crazy..... I know I know that 80% pre-order was for V-8s but come on they could make atleast 20% of them V-6s :angry:

#10 ·
Avis is going to rent SS Camaros?? :lol: I hope they dont have tracks too far from the rental lots. Therll be more than one coming home on roll-backs , still smoking out of the fenders wells.

#11 ·
I wonder if they changed the wheel/tire configuration for them. To have high performance, UNIDIRECTIONAL, not to mention different size F-R rims and tires on rental cars would be insane. I'd bet they're set up completely different. It'll be interesting to find out.

#13 ·
Look at the list. They're all 2SS automatics and NONE are listed as R6P "early order activity" vehicles.

#25 ·
I was surprised too when I found out this morning the Moreno Valley "dealer" is really for AVIS orders. I agree it sucks that soooo many SSs (California bound or not) are going to a car rental company rather than pre-order Consumers! There are a lot of Victory Reds heading to AVIS in Moreno Valley...is it too much to ask that one come to San Diego? :BangHead:

On the bright side for me (gotta always look at the flip side), when I finally take delivery of mine and I pass a Victory Red SS on the California Highways with an Avis sticker on the rear bumper, I know I will still be driving mine the following week, the following month, and the following years! :roxor:

#19 ·
Last time i talked to my dealer he only had 3 pre-orders and 6 retail orders and i think i was the first to pre-order. They already have one of their retail order built #1004 a V-8. (He said he would not pre-order anyone a V-8 (don't ask me why) so i know it must be a retail sale.

#21 ·
It was listed here WEEKS ago that you had to remove your Hurst shifter for your car to continue through production. If left on, your car will be delayed until it is available as an RPO (factory installed) item. Originally it was to be LPO (dealer installed) but that changed.

#27 ·
I am more than a little pissed off about the Avis SS's. I ordered on 10/13/08 and waited patiently. I am still at 1100. Here's what I am going to do for Avis rent-a-car. Some of my friends and I are going to rent some of them and take them to the drag strip and spend a day beating the bag out of them. In the 1960's Hertz had Carrol Shelby make up a bunch of Mustang GT 350s, they were painted black with gold racing stripes. What happened was that some folks rented them and took them to the drag strip, others took them to the track and roadraced them, some folks that owned 220 HP 289 power pack engines rented them for a weekend and did an engine swap and kept the hypo engine for them selves. Here's wishing similar luck upon Avis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.