Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good car cover that will protect against hail? I'm on a military base with no cover and it seems to want to hail here a lot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Unfortunately, a car cover alone will not protect you from hail. If you have hail problems, get a normal out door car cover. Then go to a home furnishing store, and get some thick flannel or 100% cotton comforter. Put the comforter on the car (you only need to cover the hood, top, and rear top). Then put on the Car Cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats possible. I used the above method when my vette was in storage and there feral cats that liked sleeping on it.
they tried to make shooting feral cats a legal hunting sport in wisconsin ( I was for it ;)

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
How about using a couple or roll mats/sleeping mats to cover the top parts before you put the cover on-just thinking that as you're military, you should be able to get your hands on them easily enough!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would think twice about investing in a Camaro just to keep it exposed to the elements 24/7. I'll rent a storage room and garage it in there if I have to ;).

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you live or your base is close to a ship yard, keep your vehicle away from the ship yards paint over spray. I know that from when I was in San Diego, California for the US Navy. My ship was being overhaul, plus completing what the first ship yard could not complete and I parked at the shipyard and got over spray on a ford ranger.

I would think twice about investing in a Camaro just to keep it exposed to the elements 24/7. I'll rent a storage room and garage it in there if I have to ;).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts