Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the problem but figured guys would want to know what symptoms I had... I just brought the car so Im attacking alot of its problems now....anyway... car is leaning toward the drivers side heavily...when I drive, however, I hear thumbing (when hitting bumps) on the passanger side... when installing my corvette C6 rims I took a good look at all springs and shocks(C6 RIMS fit/looked great)... the passanger side front shock was leaking its oil...how odd is it that the drivers side is leaning yet the passanger side shock is shot... Im gonna change the whole suspension Eibach springs with monroe shocks... hopefully that solve it all anyhow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
same leaning problem

car was leaning to the driverside...I changed the front shocks/ springs with a lowering kit... however the car is still leaning to the drivers side... why would it still lean if I changed out the whole front suspension.... could it be the rears springs are bad?... I have the rear lowering kit but I like the look of the front end low... if I have to I will change out the rear also... any Ideas

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Got a carfax? has it been wrecked? Did the noise stop over bumps?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any solutions

I brought the car for $4K .. So I cant complain... what if I put 2 thick heavy duty metal washers under the coil overs on the drivers side... wouldnt that lift the drivers side up some... thats the best idea I can come up with without taking the suspension apart (pain in my ass)... just about all the hex bolts had to be cut out.. thank god for dermels... I'll post some pic when Im done with the car... it looks good!

·
8,984 Posts
Is this with or without you in the driver's seat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)... thats without me in the seat.... with me in the drivers seat I can only imagine how low it gets.... but its not a slight lean... its pretty heavy lean to the driverside

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I got it

after further searching... I noted the car does NOT have a spare tire or jack... thats about 40lbs that was suppose to sit right on the right rear suspension... could that be why the car is leaning???

·
8,984 Posts
No.

·
8,984 Posts
It's a suspension problem.

Something is broken.

Is it only on the front or only on the rear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts