Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have a car seat for a baby in their camaro?? my baby boy will be a year and a half when i buy mine and i need to know if theres room for him. i told my wife that i would put off getting the camaro and she told me no. that i need to get my camaro because ive been wanting one for so long and that her car is the mommy car lol. so if anyone can help, thatd be awesome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
At 30lbs you can start using booster seats which is what I use for my daughter and hse has no problems back there she loves the Camaro and will not allow me to drive our other car. I do know the Camaro has all the latches and hooks for the new car restraint system. Its not a family car but for 1 chils its not a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
does anybody have a car seat for a baby in their camaro?? my baby boy will be a year and a half when i buy mine and i need to know if theres room for him. i told my wife that i would put off getting the camaro and she told me no. that i need to get my camaro because ive been wanting one for so long and that her car is the mommy car lol. so if anyone can help, thatd be awesome!
I have a friend who puts his little boys car seat in the backseat and it fits perfectly :thumbsup: did I mention its one of those cool simpson style racing kid car seats from jegs :lol: any car seat will work.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
There's enough room, just can't put the front seat all the way back. It's not the easiest back seat to get the kid in/out of...but my son loves it, so it's not a problem. Biggest problem is keeping his feet off the seat back.

Also check out Recaro...they make booster seats that are not too expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 4 year old and 2 yeard old grand daughters fit in the back seat, one has a booster and the other the simpson racing car seat. They have no problems fitting in there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 9 month old daugther and she fits perfectly fine back there, the passengers seat does have to move forward quite a bit, considering that you put the seat behind the passengers seat.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Can't be worse than my ext cab 2000 GMC Seirra :D

I had my kids in a Britax Roundabout then moved them to the SIMPSON Graco racing car seat. There was no way to fit any of them behind the drivers seat for sure.

Take some pics of your child seat setups in your Camaros :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the advice. i mean right now, my son is almost 8 months and is still facing backwards in his car seat. by the time i get my camaro he'll be able to face forward and it would be a lot easyer to put him in. i seriously cant wait.

·
Registered
968 Posts
thanks for all the advice. i mean right now, my son is almost 8 months and is still facing backwards in his car seat. by the time i get my camaro he'll be able to face forward and it would be a lot easyer to put him in. i seriously cant wait.
Yep My son is 6 mos and has to sit facing the back seat. Makes the front passenger seat a lttle tight. I put a towel under the car seat to help lift the reat of the car seat up and to save the back seat from damage. It will be a lot easier when he is a yr and can face forward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts