Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been scouring forums lately to try to figure out my problem.

I recently had headers, an x pipe, flowmaster super 44s and custom quad tips installed on my zl1. The car sounds great, but my dash and HUD lit up like a Christmas tree.

It has been telling me to service stabilitrak, service suspension, service power steering, and won't allow me to cycle through the driving modes (wet mode, dry mode, race mode, etc). Also when I hooked up a compute to my car, it threw a code u0199 "lost communication with fuel pump control module" :confused:

Has anyone seen these issues or know about them?

I spoke with dan maslic who is one of the master tuners for the LS engines and he is going to tune my car. He told me that he cant touch the car until these issues are resolved....Any help would be appreciated.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hey guys I have been scouring forums lately to try to figure out my problem.

I recently had headers, an x pipe, flowmaster super 44s and custom quad tips installed on my zl1. The car sounds great, but my dash and HUD lit up like a Christmas tree.

It has been telling me to service stabilitrak, service suspension, service power steering, and won't allow me to cycle through the driving modes (wet mode, dry mode, race mode, etc). Also when I hooked up a compute to my car, it threw a code u0199 "lost communication with fuel pump control module" :confused:

Has anyone seen these issues or know about them?

I spoke with dan maslic who is one of the master tuners for the LS engines and he is going to tune my car. He told me that he cant touch the car until these issues are resolved....Any help would be appreciated.
Wow that sounds like a mess ... I thought a tune was the solution but obviously not ... maybe knocked a wire / connection loose or forgot to reconnect?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: The ground wire was loose therefore causing all those **** codes. Seems to be fixed. Time to change out the supercharger pulleys, t stat, belt, and put in ID850s...Tune later this week!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Wow that sounds like a mess ... I thought a tune was the solution but obviously not ... maybe knocked a wire / connection loose or forgot to reconnect?
BINGO!!!! What did I win?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You also win a nice voided Power train warranty if you care! Any time you Tune a system it appears in any dealer system check. Betcha went with the LTs didn't you?

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Not surprising to get all those errors from reconnecting the battery and having loose ground wire. Good catch...Enjoy the new exhaust. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts